Received wrong order JNS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garner Harrison

Reaction score
Hey!

So I received the wrong order from JNS, they have seemed to have confused me for a person with a very similar name which I found very funny. Although the part that isnt so funny is that Im not sure I can contact JNS since they seem to be on vacation. So what do I do? Email the person that was meant to receive the order and tell them whats up and hope they have my order?

Little confused on what to do here, any advice?

Something similar happened to me about 9 years ago. I ordered a Konosuke wh2 270mm gyuto from cktg, and I received a 270mm suji instead by accident. Mark didn’t want to deal with the exchange/return situation and just said “how about you keep that suji for $80?”
Pretty sweet deal.

Not going to lie but there are somethings in this persons order Id like to keep like the JNS 300 stone that was out of stock when I wanted to order but yeah I was surprised to find a knife in my package when I opened it and two different stones :D

I doubt Ill get to have the luck you had and get a sweet deal on stuff >.>

Last edited:
@labor of love

Thanks so much for the help so far! I hope he responds somewhat soonish as it'd suck to wait until the 6th of Jan.

I hope the person who I received the order for wasnt banking on this being someone else's Christmas present like mine was for myself.

I'm sure Maksim will respond when he's back from holiday, no need to be confused about it ;)

As others have said, based on my experiences dealing with him, Maksim will sort it out. But you may indeed need to wait until he’s back from holiday.

If it needs to be sorted before Christmas, can you do a swap with the other person, using some sort of overnight delivery service? Maksim might be happy to cover both of your shipping fees.

Me and the other person have contacted eachother and have decided to just wait until we hear back from Maksim to prevent further confusion. I thought about trying to post the package back but its incredibly expensive for the size of the package. I think waiting is probably the best option.

Thanks to everyone for giving me help and insight into the problem! :D

The best way to reach Maksim is via Messenger. But since he will be away for quite a while, just message him once he will be back, otherwise your message may get lost in a pile of messages and emails that will pile up in the 2 weeks time.

Just a final update on this, everything has been sorted and I have my stones finally! :D

After he came back from his holiday Maksim was very helpful and helped me get it sorted within a good time frame although I didnt get any free stuff ;) I would also like to thank everyone who gave their two cents and helped me out! :D

Latest posts

Back