Remember when....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when it just came up the other day!!

Remember when Joe, the turtle was still posting? I wonder how he is doing...

Stefan

This is not that long ago, but I was always wowed by Mario's knives and photo skills. I am still on his wait list if he every starts making knives again!!

I remember the sharpening class I took at Dave's way back. Met some cool people, and Ryan too. Picked up some sprays and pads for the strop. As well as a few pointers too! Always wanted to go back for the advanced class but alas it never seemed to work out.

Remember when Misono raised their prices by like 40% and we were all like %^^$^@#$@!!!

Do you remember the sharpening olympics and the Chinese winning a gold by using an underage gymnast? Oh wait, I think I mixed that up, but I believe the end result had something to do with Carter and a wire edge.

k.

Remember when Lucretia posted a video of her sharpening knives with her toes?

Remember when: Everyone was working for the weekend and not through it?

I think Travis is having a Pink Floyd LSD flashback! Those are the best kind!

I remember when I lived to cook. Never thought I'd burn.

Just imagine something you've based your life on for 35 years and then one day it's gone. HFS.

I remember when there were like 10 threads on Foodie Forums. I remember when finding a J knife review was next to impossible. I remember when Hattori KDs were in stock all the time. I remember when Carters and Shigefusas were reasonable. I remember being banned from knife forums. I remember when it was Hattori HD or Tojiro, that was pretty much it. I remember Nenox being THE knife to own. I remember when you would type Honyaki into ebay and nothing would come up. I remember what I had to go through to get my first Doi Hayate. I remember thinking I would find the perfect knife. I remember the excitement of everything being new, any time there was a new maker available it became a huge event. I remember Takeda, Mizuno Tanrenjo, Moritaka all being the rage at one point. Most of all though I remember FF and KCMA and the heated debates over there. It was a different time, now it seems there is just too much, almost like the J Knife thing has jumped the shark. Some times too much of a good thing... is too much.

Remember when I used to upload videos?

Remember when I used to post a lot, and I was really argumentative? I'm still argumentative, I just don't post much anymore.

Remember when I used to post? =P

Remember the Konosuke group buy? Omg I do... that was a big box 'O knives

Back