• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Righty Kipp AEB-L 225mm Gyuto and Isasmedjan Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is not a bundle.

These two knives are pre-orders

These two knives are not available at this moment

(Sold) The Kipp is a 225mm AEB-L LP which I pre-ordered on Jan 19 of this year. It should be ready in the next month or two but no guarantee. It will be ready when Jules can finish it.

The Jonas is the pre-order from this morning. https://www.isasmedjan.com/product/190-cleaver-pre-order

Shipping to US has been paid for both so prefer US buyers.

I can most likely just ask each maker to cancel and refund me, but I'd like to transfer these two preorders to people who want them here especially the Kipp that I have already waited 4 months for.

NOTE: I prefer to transfer these to people who have bought from or sold knives to me or have had conversations with me before.

I paid $705 for the Kipp. You will pay me $726 via PP G&S and I will ask Jules to transfer the preorder to you

I paid $353 for the Jonas. You will pay me $363 via PP G&S and I will ask Jonas to transfer the preorder to you

If this is against the BST rule below, I'm happy to delete the post.

"New: Product listed for sale must be in possession of member listing it. Member may not list product for a non-member. Member may not list product in transit. Member shall not list item being worked on or held by another entity."

"New: Product listed for sale must be in possession of member listing it. Member may not list product for a non-member. Member may not list product in transit. Member shall not list item being worked on or held by another entity."

My unsolicited lawyerly take is that your post should be fine because you are in constructive possession of the knife, seeing as how you are the lawful purchaser of the as-of-yet undelivered knife and have the right to control the disposition thereof.

🤓

[Edit] The above random musings are not legal advice 😆

Last edited:
My unsolicited lawyerly take is that your post should be fine because you are in constructive possession of the knife, seeing as how you are the lawful purchaser of the as-of-yet undelivered knife and have the right to control the disposition thereof.

🤓
Ill Allow It GIF

🤓
Look at the NFA on Brad.

So the makers of the knives are going to assume all responsibility for the shipping of the knives? Why on earth would they agree to that?
I don’t follow your question. I paid for knives including shipping to US. The makers need to fulfill the order by shipping the knife to somewhere in the US when the knives are ready. I ask them to change the shipping address in their record. Hope this clarifies.

So the makers of the knives are going to assume all responsibility for the shipping of the knives? Why on earth would they agree to that?

It's just swapping out the identity of the purchaser, as far as the Maker is concerned. Person A purchases knife, at which point the Maker incurs the responsibility of shipping the knife safely to Person A. Prior to shipment, Person A transfers their right of possession to Person B by selling the as-of-yet undelivered knife to Person B. If the Maker agrees to this arrangement, the Maker is thereby relieved of the responsibility to ship the knife safely to Person A, and incurs the responsibility to ship the knife to Person B, instead.

Obviously, the Maker could refuse, because there is no privity of contract between the Maker and Person B, but the Maker may be willing to agree to the arrangement in order to avoid cancellation of the sale, or to build and/or maintain goodwill.

It's just swapping out the identity of the purchaser, as far as the Maker is concerned. Person A purchases knife, at which point the Maker incurs the responsibility of shipping the knife safely to Person A. Prior to shipment, Person A transfers their right of possession to Person B by selling the as-of-yet undelivered knife to Person B. If the Maker agrees to this arrangement, the Maker is thereby relieved of the responsibility to ship the knife safely to Person A, and incurs the responsibility to ship the knife to Person B, instead.

Obviously, the Maker could refuse, because there is no privity of contract between the Maker and Person B, but the Maker may be willing to agree to the arrangement in order to avoid cancellation of the sale, or to build and/or maintain goodwill.
Lord. Never thought I would hear the word privity here. In my first BST transaction, the other person (now a good friend) started talking about ROFR, options, etc. I was shocked. We definitely have some sophisticated deals people here. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start introducing indemnity, reps, covenants, funds flow, closing day mechanisms into BST deals.

Lord. Never thought I would hear the word privity here. In my first BST transaction, the other person (now a good friend) started talking about ROFR, options, etc. I was shocked. We definitely have some sophisticated deals people here. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start introducing indemnity, reps, covenants, funds flow, closing day mechanisms into BST deals.

Bunch of knife knerd degenerate *professionals* lol

If this is against the BST rule below, I'm happy to delete the post.

Not sure which part of the rule is ambiguous. It most certainly breaks it. But OBE.

Rational is that when you buy or arrange to have a knife delivered - you are accepting the risk that it may not be. If you sell a knife not in your possession, you are transferring that risk to a third party buyer - and they may not get that part.

Know that if it happens again you'll probably lose bst privileges forever and a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back