RIP : Kurosaki Fujin VG10

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoBone

Jobone.SugiCutlery - Custom handle and knives
KKF Sponsor
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, the Fujin VG10 line is ending its run soon.

From what I understand, after he finishes up his remaining stock, no more will be produced.
I think it’s an iconic line that helped pull many people into our knife world. I will definitely miss it.

Here’s a few old photos, add yours :)

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpeg
    IMG_6212.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6214.jpeg
    IMG_6214.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7678.jpeg
    IMG_7678.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7682.jpeg
    IMG_7682.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 0
How is his VG10? I can’t recall ever hearing anything about it. I have never liked VG10 but some are liked such as Ryusen and Takamura.
The little bit of experience I’ve had with his vg10 says it’s very good. I’ve also heard many others praise his vg10.

How is his VG10? I can’t recall ever hearing anything about it. I have never liked VG10 but some are liked such as Ryusen and Takamura.
The smiths out of Takefu do a better job at VG10 than most. This may be due to their relationship with Takefu Special Steel, which produces VG10.

VG10 isn’t for everyone. I think it fairly quickly looses edge, but when it’s about 80%, it holds that edge for a considerable amount of time. I’ve never found sharpening to be difficult, but others indicate otherwise.

In my opinion, this line is great for a stainless knife with lots of flash and character. It’s an also a gateway for those who later move to carbon.

Back