• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Sakai Ichimonji Mitsuhide 240 Gyuto (White #2)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob-gym

Reaction score
I felt nostalgic for the old wide-bevel Konosuke Fujiyama - excellent F&F, heat treat, and ultra thin behind the edge. A friend suggested I try this knife, from one of the premier knife houses in Osaka. This is their top of the line "Gokujo" hand-forged White #2 wa-gyuto.

https://ichimonji.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=314

Selling only to fund new Ikeda addiction

Price: $219 shipped to CONUS (2 day USPS Priority with tracking and insurance)

Vital Statistics:
Heel to Tip Length: 227mm
Heel Height: 50mm
Weight: 182 grams
Steel: White #2, soft iron cladding

Spine @ Heel: 3.4mm
Spine @ Middle: 2.8mm
Spine 1cm from Tip: 1.1mm

Profile: Similar to JNS Mazaki (newest), but larger flat spot ~50% of the blade from heel is flat

Condition: Bevel set on Chosera 3k, finished on Kitayama 8k (normally wouldn't go this high, but this knife is a pleasure to sharpen)

Beautiful Horizontal Satin Finish
skbUPEJ.jpg

"Gokujo" stamp (meaning premium)
eBxPAYD.jpg

Profile + Box
xmEogun.jpg

Choil shot
mdPzEMI.jpg

Spine + Taper
lVpedvT.jpg

Warranty + Instruction Manual (English)
kKHFh1c.jpg

Another GREAT for sale posting. Nice being able to get all the details and pics without having to ask. GLWS

Wow ... this is my type of knife ... perfect entry into high end Japanese knives and seeing the grind this will compete with the best of knives out there.
I have too many now, but i hope somebody pics this up and enjoys. Let us know when your open to trades.

Thanks for the support guys! Would keep this one 100% if I didn’t have an Ikeda on the way

Back