• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Sakai Kikumori So-Ten 240mm Gyuto Aogami Super with Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really like this knife. In my opinion, this knife is very balanced. It cuts very well without being fragile. The food release is very good for a Sakai. Potato slices won't fall to the side, but can easily be shaken off. The core steel is hard and not very reactive. The cladding is even less reactive as you can probably tell from the picture. I'm the first owner and have had this knife for about a month. I only used it for test cuts.

Based on my understanding, Tanaka's AS production is very limited. This knife is relatively rare and doesn't come back in stock often - likely once or maybe twice a year. Bernal only had three in the last batch.

The grind seems to be flatter on the left side. I'm not fully convinced this would decrease the food release for a lefty, but wanted to point that out.

@Luminaire who also bought one from the same batch can probably provide some feedback if you are interested.

https://bernalcutlery.com/collectio...kumori-so-ten-240mm-gyuto-aogami-super-w-saya

Asking $580, G&S fee and CONUS shipping included. Will cover the first $20 for outside of CONUS.

Last edited:
IMG_0965.png
IMG_0966.png
IMG_0967.png
IMG_0968.png
IMG_0969.png
IMG_0970.png
IMG_0971.png

Latest posts

Back