Knives & Stones Sakai Takayuki Syousin Sakura 240mm Gyuto Passaround in the US

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well played sir. And I agree with your last statement wholeheartedly.

Yes, absolutely ...

Did a quick and dirty inventory of my knives today ... I need to thin the herd. And some of the earlier ones, I am actually considering a PIF, if it makes sense with one of them. Nothing spectacular, but I am sure some of it can be useful.

I am also considering doing a passaround with one or more of my knives some time next year.

Thanks for the work guys. I was just considering they were gone and never want to bother you as many of you really are on a busy busy daily schedule.

Goddammit. I was just bitching the other day about one of the passers back in '13 or so that robbed me of a damn Ino that I was going to buy offa Bienek. Never did find the time to make a trip to Philly and knock on some doors. That guy got off with a tidy load of goods...

I think that guy was actually in South Central PA. I was thinking of making a run up there to talk to him (back when I lived in MD). Austin was none too excited about someone going to talk to him in person, though I just wanted to encourage him to do the right thing.

It still pisses me off that people got ripped off by that guy, as well as this one from the ST passaround.

Pleue, it is people with mindset like you that make this forum such a nice place. I hope the restaurant owners will be supportive of the case.

Just catching up with this news. I am quite disgusted and hope something positive occurs from this. The disappointing thing is how it screws up the intrinsic trust we KKFers have in each other.

I received a name and a current workplace. Thoughts on next steps?

Any way of reaching out to him first before involving his current employer? I would give him that (last) chance before escalating it...

That sounds right to me. If approached kindly he may realise the he does not need to be afraid to come out and do the right thing.

Maybe leaving a message for him at his current job...at least he'll know that someone is onto him...and where he works.

It is not about the thief, it is about the knives.

I agree, it is not about the theft, it is about getting the knives back to their rightful owner. Pleue, I think your approach in your message to his (presumably former) employers was the right one, appeal to his sense of doing the right thing. Most normal people would be feeling some serious guilt about this, so this is a time to set things right.

If he's not feeling guilt or shame, then it doesn't really matter what you say. Unless someone is going to pursue it with law enforcement.

fine, and then tell the employer anyway after cause he deserves that karma.

I think one shoud look at the situation from different perspective too. It is one thing to deliver a message or start a discussion, it is other to decide on and execute a punishment. I think we should leave the decision to those wo are directly involved.

Second, the guy may be reading this thread and planning hostilities against him will not improve his motivation to do the right thing.

Update:

Found a guy, tracked him down and got a hold of him. Turns out it was the wrong guy.

Found another guy, tracked him down, name matches with correspondence with james etc., and he's not returning my calls. Going to call again today and start reaching out to employers if I don't hear from him.

I'm hoping to make contact before I put the dude on blast, hoping he'll do the right thing.

This kind of stuff doesn't make any sense unless the dude flat out sold it. And in that case, good luck. :(

Sorry for the confusion. Beerchef is the person in question. However, my first lead for who beerchef is turned up fruitless but the second one appears to align with the evidence at hand.

At this point if you have a name and evidence this person does match up with all the information you can involve the Police as well if needed . It is a fellony as the value of the knifes exceed 500 dollars as far as i know . It is pretty serious

Update:

Got a name, phone number, and Facebook/instagram page. All seems to line up including correspondence with james. He is ignoring my calls and texts. I sent emails to his current employers but haven't heard back. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Anyone in the Philadelphia area?

Good lord this sucks.......Dude got me about five years ago for a couple, have not seen him on the forums since & must have moved........Thing that bothers me the most is that someone from our knife nut fraternity is F'n someone from our knife nut fraternity........SCUM OF THE EARTH!

Latest posts

Back