SC125 steel?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgeist

Reaction score
I was given a bit of this steel for a commission job. I am in America and can't seem to find out if this has a different name in the states. Just trying to find any input because I really like it and would love to be able get more where I am. Thanks in advance for any information.

I was given a bit of this steel for a commission job. I am in America and can't seem to find out if this has a different name in the states. Just trying to find any input because I really like it and would love to be able get more where I am. Thanks in advance for any information.
125SC is very similar to 26C3 if you are unable to track down any 125SC. Very high carbon, low alloy content, a decent bit of iron carbide formation, and low toughness.

Thanks a million. Even though I make knives, I admit I don't stray far from my favorite steels. I really should keep up a bit more.

this is the last analyse I do on that steel

1,1563 :
C 1,24
Si 0,19
Mn 0,30
P 0,007
S 0,002
Cr 0,20
Mo 0,01
Ni 0,07
V 0,001

W 0,0003
Just get some 1.1563 that’s the same
^ nobody make that steel nowadays , last batch was made many years ago ( maybe 15 years ) , it was C130 made by bompertuis in France, now it's made nobody know exactly where, even sellers in France can't tell it or won't, and production quality and control is very "irregular" ... it's like 1.2008... same for some nickel steel or so ...

the best choice , easy to find is 26c3.

Back