Semi-Off Topic. Hoping I'm not getting scammed.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txglasgow

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So. I just bought a knife here and paid for it through the proper paypal method. I was just sent a link via email that brings me to this screen. I'm going to be honest, it looks sketch as hell and I don't know if it's legit. Has anyone else seen this?

1653537344005.png

Hey everyone! So. I just bought a knife here and paid for it through the proper paypal method. I was just sent a link via email that brings me to this screen. I'm going to be honest, it looks sketch as hell and I don't know if it's legit. Has anyone else seen this?

View attachment 181321
The address at the top is not ups.com

haha

does that tracking link even still work? looks like their db is down rn.

several things about this made me chuckle

https://aaschw.org/The African American Steering Committee for Health and Wellness (AASCHW) is comprised of community stakeholders and subject matter experts from the Black community in Alameda County. It is a broad based coalition with African American members representing consumers, families, providers, clergy, system partners, and other community stakeholders.

someone with access to their hosting has a wordpress site on there mimicking the appearance of a ups tracking page.

haha

the trackid in the link doesn't even match the tracking number shown on the page.

also the tracking number shown on the page isn't even legit if you try to track it (1z7a8y800380261253)

FYI, i bought something from a sketchy website recently via paypal. It was cheap enough and a good enough deal that I thought it was worth a try. After no reasonable response from the seller within a few days, I filed a paypal claim and got a refund. File a claim and move on. You should get a refund pretty soon.

Well... Bummer man. If you used regular PP, they'll refund. If the "1Z..." tracking # isn't working in UPS.com using their tracking, then that's a problem.

Probably time to hear who sold ya this one, and please post a link to the WTS post you bought it from.

Yeah total scam, please share the seller and hopefully mods will ban him.

Sorry for your hassle, glad you didn’t send F&F!

View attachment 181321

Did the seller here send you a link or tracking number? More specifically, was the email tied to your transaction/the seller or could that obviously fake link be a coincidence?

View attachment 181321
UPDATE: Contacted seller who provided me with a legitimate tracking number. My best guess is that a bot is finding recently sold knives and sending this email to the buyers.

Its called Phishing … you click the link, you’re screwed. Refunding from PP shouldn’t be a problem. Open a case with them.
I clicked the link and it brought me to a page to enter in my credit card info. I immediately closed the tab and haven't interacted with the email since. I hope I'm good!

I clicked the link and it brought me to a page to enter in my credit card info. I immediately closed the tab and haven't interacted with the email since. I hope I'm good!
next time, dont even click the link. contact the seller first, directly.

phew! i hate phisihing. not to long ago, after a long evening shift of work, i clicked on a link in my work email. this big skull and crossbone thing showed up on my screen and i was sent an email from our IT. it was a test from IT, and i failed in grand fashion. i had to take a supplemental IT security class. boo!! lucky it wasnt a real phishing atempt but only a test.

Just so you are aware, since you clicked on the link they will have tied your email to someone who clicks on stuff - you will likely get a bunch more spam or phishing emails as a result.

Back