• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Shapton Glass 500, 1k and holder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosco

Reaction score
These stone have not been used much. I have sharpened on these stones maybe 15 times, with the 500 seeing less use than the 1k.
I'm thinning out the stones so I can buy some decent knives and am generally going for a more minimalist setup.

€ 120 shipped within the EU.

I will sell the items individually if I have to but I would rather sell it all together if I can.

20190616_151107.jpg
20190616_151135.jpg

Thickness?
I'll get my ruler and measure them again tomorrow but with a new tape measure I get 5.5mm for the 1k and 6mm for the 500. I thought these stones were suppoesed to be 5mm thick when new, so I'm confused. o_O

I'll get my ruler and measure them again tomorrow but with a new tape measure I get 5.5mm for the 1k and 6mm for the 500. I thought these stones were suppoesed to be 5mm thick when new, so I'm confused. o_O
Coincides with what I just measured with my least used GL: got slightly above 11mm, using a micrometer, for glass and stone together.
Confirms that yours haven't got any noticeable wear. A very slightly worn in stone as yours is even to be preferred over a brand new one, as they often have an inactive kind of crust one has to get rid of before reaching to the active particles.
GLWS !

Back