SharpWorx

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bolek

Reaction score
What do you think about

SharpWorx ?​

Advertised on the main KKF page.

I prefer free-hand sharpening myself...I would think it works as well as any other guided system...with the same limitations and advantages. Can't be more helpful than that...I'm sure you'll get the feedback you're looking for from members that do use guided systems.

Take care

Jeff

I would think it works as well as any other guided system...with the same limitations and advantages.
Never seen this or used a guided system, but it looks different in two ways:
  1. You sharpen similar to freehand e.g. rub knife against fixed regular sized stone instead of rubbing small stone against fixed knife as in most guided system.
  2. There more premium set up is only a jig so you can use it with your, full size, existing stones.

Never seen this or used a guided system, but it looks different in two ways:
  1. You sharpen similar to freehand e.g. rub knife against fixed regular sized stone instead of rubbing small stone against fixed knife as in most guided system.
  2. There more premium set up is only a jig so you can use it with your, full size, existing stones.
  • There more premium set up is only a jig so you can use it with your, full size, existing stones. It exactly what get my attention.

• There more premium set up is only a jig so you can use it with your, full size, existing stones. It exactly what get my attention.

Do you have stones already? Do you have a physical condition that is making angles difficult for you?

Just trying to understand what issue you're wanting to address with this system.

I used a jig system quite a lot and they definitely have their downsides but if there's a physical issue, they can be the right compromise. No experience with this setup in particular.

Looks like a cheaper version of the Bogdan system IMO.
I have to politely and respectfully disagree...
The SharpWorx is sort of a guided system, that's correct. But this system has nothing to do with the Bogdan Manko systems and their advantages.

In other words, the SharpWorx has none of the advantages that a system from Bogdan Manko has. The SharpWorx reminds me more of a primitive guided system from South Africa that existed a few years ago, I think the manufacturer was called Warthog?!

And just to be on the safe side - I know the systems from Bogdan Manko along with a few others. And I personally (matter of opinion) don't like any of them. And I will not comment further on this in any way (not even when asked).

The only guided system that I find acceptable, to a limited extent, is the Spyderco Sharpmaker. And that's only if someone has health problems.

Do you have stones already? Yes Do you have a physical condition that is making angles difficult for you?Yes and not. Low angles are OK. But when I try to have a nice V edge for soft stainless I end up with a convexed low angle.(Muscle memory ?)

Just trying to understand what issue you're wanting to address with this system.

I used a jig system quite a lot and they definitely have their downsides but if there's a physical issue, they can be the right compromise. No experience with this setup in particular.

Back