• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shig 165 Kurouchi Santoku

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catch and Release on this one - did one mirepoix with it, and not feeling it so going to move it along.

Length: 170mm along the edge
Height: 50mm at the heel
Weight: 165g

The card from Dictum lists it as V1 steel @ 64HRC

I did use some mineral oil/beeswax on the handle as it felt a bit "raw". And to note, you do feel a step between the ho wood and buffalo horn ferrule.

Price: $425 CDN $400 CAD shipped Canada/CONUS. Visa exchange calculator says ~$328USD ~$314USD (don't use Paypal for conversion)

New out of the box:
20201129_163640.jpg

Current state:
20201201_201240.jpg
20201201_211345.jpg

Last edited:
I found PayPal charges a lot when we pay thought them. 😭😭😭

When I purchased this, I compared using my PayPal Balance vs using my Credit card (via Paypal). Using my balance as the source for the exchange would've cost me an extra $20 CAD to purchase the knife.
Now I prefer to use transferwise, the rate is much higher & didn't charges like paypal.

OK, so one of my 2021 goals is to not spend any time on the forums and focus on a few other things so I'm going to consider myself a motivated seller.

$315 CAD to Canada / $325 CAD to CONUS. Price will be valid until 1/1/2021 (based on EST).

If it's not sold by that point, I'll be putting the box in my basement until 1/1/2022 as I don't want to have to manage this BST listing during 2021.

If you combine with something else I'm listing, I'm willing to discount a bit further.

Back