• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 300mm kasumi gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a Shigefusa 300mm kasumi gyuto. It started life as a yo-gyuto. I bought it through Marko back when he was dealing with Dr. Naka, (before Naka opened his own business and then absconded with funds from multiple people) This was "old" new stock but the handle was dried out and quite disfugured. Miguel (Mike) Martinez removed the original handle and put on the black linen micarta handle which is oval in cross section and approximates a wa-handle in feel. From choil to tip it is about 310mm. The height of the blade at the choil is about 60mm or a little under 2.5 inches, plenty of knuckle room. I am a home cook, the knife has been used a small amount and has some patina. It was sharpened once by me about 5 years ago and has not been used since. I paid $500 for the knife and $100 for the handle. I would like to get $550 for it. This includes paypal fees and shipping/insurance to CONUS. I am willing to ship internationally but will have to investigate costs and I will accept no responsibility for it once it leaves my hands. Please PM for further details.

photo 1 copy.jpg

photo 2 copy.jpg

photo 3 copy.jpg

photo 4 copy.jpg

photo 5 copy.jpg

photo 6 copy.jpg

photo 7.jpg

Back