Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still don’t know if I will keep this one, but I have waited a long long time for it…finally showed up…love Takada san’s packaging.
IMG_1968.jpeg
IMG_1969.jpeg
IMG_1970.jpeg
IMG_1972.jpeg
IMG_1974.jpeg
IMG_1967.jpeg
IMG_1971.jpeg
IMG_1975.jpeg
IMG_1976.jpeg
IMG_1977.jpeg

Lucid knives gyuto -
View attachment 327607View attachment 327608

I have to say this is one of the best packaged knives I’ve received but even still, it had some problems.

Cut through the edge guard & cut me while opening.
View attachment 327610

It even came with a tip protector and a block of foam.

View attachment 327612

But still it came with a bent tip 😞

View attachment 327611
I know that tip is a fundamental non-issue but I'll still shed a tear for you brother, that sucks! Knife looks frickin amazing regardless!!!

Lucid knives gyuto -
View attachment 327607View attachment 327608

I have to say this is one of the best packaged knives I’ve received but even still, it had some problems.

Cut through the edge guard & cut me while opening.
View attachment 327610

It even came with a tip protector and a block of foam.

View attachment 327612

But still it came with a bent tip 😞

View attachment 327611

Nice! One of the things I find really attractive about his knives is that they look great but they also look like knives I wouldn't be afraid to work on. I know me and know I'd lose and not regain that sexy polish but I still feel like I'd be willing to dive in and do some thinning when/if the time arose. So many customs turn me off for just that fact. I look at them and think they are sexy but then realize I'll never maintain that look and I like to tinker with the blade so...

It was shipped in a tube, which arrived in good shape, foam on both ends, all the little details I showed, wrapped in paper and bubble wrap. I’m not kidding when I said the effort was there and it was packaged with a lot of care lol. I was shocked to see any damage.

The edge guard is more like a soft rubber so that might just have gotten cut while sliding the knife in the tube and no damage appears to be there on the edge. The tip I ALMSOT feel may have been bent before ever going in the tube or been bent putting the tip cover on.

It was shipped in a tube, which arrived in good shape, foam on both ends, all the little details I showed, wrapped in paper and bubble wrap. I’m not kidding when I said the effort was there and it was packaged with a lot of care lol. I was shocked to see any damage.

The edge guard is more like a soft rubber so that might just have gotten cut while sliding the knife in the tube and no damage appears to be there on the edge. The tip I ALMSOT feel may have been bent before ever going in the tube or been bent putting the tip cover on.
I didn’t want to say it, but that was my gut feeling as well. One of those “doth protest too much” situations.

May have been laying on the end(tip side) instead of the long side during transport and vibrations kept banging the tip against the cover. But you did say there was foam on the tip…🤔

Back