Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handle will probably need to wait until the new year
62c5f268c67bff7419071a4b855a3f02.jpg
408a69b806594e05cf72e5df9f07be17.jpg
572d51732771890c77079ad46d6cb2ba.jpg
Nice one Carlos! As were the Shigefusa kitaejis posted by @YG420 and @BeepBeepImAJeep. I might never actually own one myself but I'll be content to live vicariously through the photos you show us. Keep posting! :D

I like my 210 better than the 240’s ive had before, less wedgy. Still not my fave grind but its growing on me. Im sending u a pm as well

210 is the one that stuck for me. Way better grind for how I like to cut

I waited a long time for this one, and it seems it was well worth it. Catcheside 220 integral damascus western gyuto. This thing is a BEAST! If you like kato workhorse type knives, then this would be right up your alley. At 260 grams its heavy af but with a perfect balance point right at the pinch grip and no flex at all. This thing just powers through food effortlessly while having great food release on par or even better than any kato ive tried without wedging at all. Still havent really put it through the paces, but i cant wait to throw everything at it.

K0330FvDQdqRprJTRqcTLg_zpsdunckham.jpg

fSJsfN5TRUWfFCi9WobB9g_zpsyvlczotx.jpg

JpR6U5dlRQeDnUOdzLCfyg_zpsmn27hrpn.jpg

I waited a long time for this one, and it seems it was well worth it. Catcheside 220 integral damascus western gyuto. This thing is a BEAST! If you like kato workhorse type knives, then this would be right up your alley. At 260 grams its heavy af but with a perfect balance point right at the pinch grip and no flex at all. This thing just powers through food effortlessly while having great food release on par or even better than any kato ive tried without wedging at all. Still havent really put it through the paces, but i cant wait to throw everything at it.

K0330FvDQdqRprJTRqcTLg_zpsdunckham.jpg

fSJsfN5TRUWfFCi9WobB9g_zpsyvlczotx.jpg

JpR6U5dlRQeDnUOdzLCfyg_zpsmn27hrpn.jpg
Well... if you have to wait a long time, the wait needs to be worth it. Looks like you're way out in front. Congratulations! Performance can't be judged in pictures but it sure is a stunner!

_ Greg Cimms Custom Mizu Honyaki 260mm Gyto (W2, Water Quenched).

Attachments

• IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 86
_ Fujiwara Teruyasu Custom 270mm Gyuto (Aogami Super, Water Quenched, SanMae with Iron).

Don't recommend Teruyasu Fujiwara unless you're willing to keep e-mailing them every three days reminding them exactly how you want your custom knife. They really don't do well on anything but forging and heat treatment (geometry, profile and fit & finish are all generally terrible).

I find this to be spot on, 100 percent correct.

That Mazaki nakiri is such a great fun knife, the steel is growing on me too. His finish is a bit ... Ah ... Rustic to say the very least. Great pick up fron that JNS black friday sale !

Back