Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this little gem

34427133vv.jpg

34427129fo.jpg

34427126rc.jpg

Shig 120 Kurouchi Ajikiri

Regards, Iggy
Whao! Where did you find that?

Awesome! Blue #2 or White #1? I'm loving the new Fujis. They f*ckin fly through everything. I grabbed a white #1 from Tosho to go with my Blue #2. Just wish they were a true 240. Enjoy yours!

So, is Konosuke putting sharp edges on Fuji’s these days? Ootb old school Fuji’s couldn’t cut paper, you had to put your own edge on.

@Chicagohawkie Yes they are. They're putting incredibly refined finished edges on them, even finishing on a pretty amazing natural stone.

@Chicagohawkie Yes they are. They're putting incredibly refined finished edges on them, even finishing on a pretty amazing natural stone.

[emoji121]️

Hubristically I thought I was gonna have to put it straight on the stones but she’s ready to go with a legit, sharp edge. I concur, it feels like a natty edge. It is impressive. I know we generally poopoo factory or shop edges but kudos to Ai & Om. Also, what a pleasure to deal with and credit where it’s due.

- Fair lottery system.
- Responsive & good communication with reasonable requests happily accommodated.
- Quick shipping in Canadapost headwinds.

@Badgertooth The edge is actually due to Konosuke, in Sakai, not specifically Ai and Om- they're coming from Japan like that. So all the Fujiyama coming out right now should be receiving an identical edge to the White 1 you got, regardless of retailer.

Glad to hear the lottery system went so well, though!

@Chicagohawkie Ai and Om got some White 1 Fujiyama, and elected to use a lottery system (akin to the Togo Reigo kasumi and damascus that hit Tosho) to decide distribution.

The retailer told clients to email with what they wanted the option to buy and they randomly chose from those entries to give those chosen the opportunity to buy.

Great idea, certainly far more classy than the Togo lottery at some other establishments. Congrats to the winners of the draw.

Niiiice! What size? Who are you gona have renhandle yours? Ive been looking to get mine rehandled.
It's a 210, not my ideal size but won't complain lol. I'm going to have Graydon Decollibus handle it with some insane ringed gidgee I got a while ago.

It's a 210, not my ideal size but won't complain lol. I'm going to have Graydon Decollibus handle it with some insane ringed gidgee I got a while ago.
I like my 210 better than the 240’s ive had before, less wedgy. Still not my fave grind but its growing on me. Im sending u a pm as well

I like my 210 better than the 240’s ive had before, less wedgy. Still not my fave grind but its growing on me. Im sending u a pm as well
Yeah, but they are easy to modify since the grind is so even.

Yea shig grinds are really even for sure, I just like to use the knife with the og grind for as long as possible so I can get a feel for what the maker intended. Thankfully the 210 isnt a carrot cracker like the 240s were.

Latest posts

Back