Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a 220 Mazaki Gyuto a couple weeks ago and loved it so much I had to get the 240 to match. Both from Cleancut. Love the profile, weight
57307927435__274D3312-D101-4021-BA48-0DC4FD2F7D59.JPG
and feel of these.

Those handles were also used on the first ginsans that came out a few years back.

I’ve been using 270s for so long, but I’m starting to appreciate shorter knives so I picked up this Tsourkan 225mm gyuto the other day. 52100 with a KS-based profile, a nice subtle S-grind, and matching bog oak handle & saya. This is the perfect knife to fill in the gap between my 180 & 240 gyutos.

AqrOqOq.jpg

FsH194E.jpg

beDhTKd.jpg

Got a new robert herder 130mm "japanische form" petty. These are brilliant. Its my third one now. The thinness of it makes it my go to for things like dividing carrots in two length ways. The edge doesnt last long but a few swipes on fine ceramic rod and its back, they have never chipped the edge.
Photo shows the older one too which has lost a few mm in length and height from honeing. Its due for a little thinning now which should be easy to diy it as im almost sure its a flat grind or near to it with a tiny edge bevel.
The handles i soak with boiled linseed oil then seal with superglue rubbed in with a gloved finger, and a thin bit of epoxy at the handle blade joint to seal that. Makes it easy maintenace in professional kitchen.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 130
I’ve been using 270s for so long, but I’m starting to appreciate shorter knives so I picked up this Tsourkan 225mm gyuto the other day. 52100 with a KS-based profile, a nice subtle S-grind, and matching bog oak handle & saya. This is the perfect knife to fill in the gap between my 180 & 240 gyutos.

AqrOqOq.jpg

FsH194E.jpg

beDhTKd.jpg
nice knife, nice handle & saya and nice pictures !

Great snag! I got my first Catche yesterday and it's fantastic!!! I love everything about it. I'm a sucker for nashiji finish and a stiff and sturdy spine with a sharp edge. His knives have it all. Enjoy!

No picture means it didn't happen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BueS6YUBF5o/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

wLGFGYe.png

Bought the bocote-handled one out of these two in a failure of willpower.

So you are the one who got it. I wanted it too, but was too late, oh well.... good pick up, congrats.

Ah, sorry man! I missed the ones yesterday so I was ready to pounce today.
No problem enjoy. I missed both days, but yesterday I just started thinking about it, figured it'll be months before more will be available. Was very surprised today, so contacted Will, but it was gone by then. Maybe next time.

Kevin, where's the picture of yours..............

Any idea about the steel? Are they sanmai or mono? If San Mai whats the core steel? Couldn't see a cladding line.

Any idea about the steel? Are they sanmai or mono? If San Mai whats the core steel? Couldn't see a cladding line.

Almost certainly san mai. Will’s cladding tends to be closer to the edge than most knives and it’s usually fairly difficult to make out in pictures due to the finish and because there’s less exposed core steel. He typically uses 1.252, 1.2442, or whatever Catchy blue is.

BEA27A41-DB82-472E-984D-7761C4CAF42E.jpeg
E882357A-3218-47FF-A81D-5C72FF9821AA.jpeg

I ran into a couple Hiromotos and snagged them. Both 240s NIB. One is a Honyaki, the other I’m not exactly sure what it is. The price was right so I went ahead bought it, if you know more about it feel free to share. I know the Kanji is hand chiseled but I don’t what steel it is etc etc.

View attachment 49431 View attachment 49432

I ran into a couple Hiromotos and snagged them. Both 240s NIB. One is a Honyaki, the other I’m not exactly sure what it is. The price was right so I went ahead bought it, if you know more about it feel free to share. I know the Kanji is hand chiseled but I don’t what steel it is etc etc.

Hiromoto honyaki you lucky dog!!

View attachment 49431 View attachment 49432

Damn where do you just "run into" Hiromotos like that lol
The First one is a honyaki as mentioned already, the second one is Damascus Clad VG10 and the kanji is the "final works" his last batch ever.

Damn where do you just "run into" Hiromotos like that lol
The First one is a honyaki as mentioned already, the second one is Damascus Clad VG10 and the kanji is the "final works" his last batch ever.
Thank you for the info. Got lucky. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Not yet a "full" knife , as I need to add a handle, maybe with one out of theses woods and black coral spacer...maybe not .
Still thinking or waiting to have more wood choice.
240 Kawamura-San ( yoshimune) KU gyuto blade

918xsIJ.jpg

Back