Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little scared off by some of the horror stories but I finally pulled the trigger on a TF Denka and I absolutely love it. I see why people rave about these knives. Mine doesn't have any issues to my untrained eye, but I'm not very concerned regardless because the performance is A+.

View attachment 73539
What are the specs on your denka? Blade length, height at heel, weight? EDIT: I see the length and height. How heavy is it? Curious what a long 210 western handle weighs in at.
Beautiful blade!

In recent years I discovered Anryu’s knives. As one of the founders of the Takefu Knife village Anryu focuses on passing down the trade as well as producing quality, but affordable knives. My preference in knives is San Mai construction and a fully reactive blade. I also find that White #2 steel is easily sharpened to a wonderful edge.

A little while ago I picked up a second Anryu 240 Gyuto. I decided to put it to use today making a batch of my favourite leek, potato and broccoli soup. Lots of chopping. I took a few beauty pics of the knife, but unfortunately company dropped by early and left late. I finished the soup but it was too dark to take pics of the process. You will have to take my word fo it that the soup is delicious. Here’s a few beauty pics.

420C0A47-589F-48B0-BE80-97BB2D23CBE4.jpeg
4DE9EF4F-63EE-4B76-A730-B4F973998294.jpeg
92068542-C964-4B5C-92BB-873C0BF8CE23.jpeg
E518F62B-4CB3-44C4-BD72-56233B92DAB8.jpeg

240x52x3.2mm. 215gms. Oval rosewood handle. Black parka wood ferrule. Good fit and finish. Great rocker/push/pull slicer. Fine tip. Very reasonable price. The Gyuto is a real pleasure to use. Very sharp out of the box it made short work of all the veges. I used the fine point as a paring knife to remove the broccoli florets, sliced and rock chopped the leeks and sliced and push cut the potatoes into cubes. The knife is very comfortable in hand. I use a pinch grip and the knife was ever so slightly blade heavy. I like the karouchi finish even though it’s was a touch uneven. It was very refreshing to be reminded that great, useful Japanese knives at very reasonable prices. Add the easy to sharpen W2 steel and eye catching Damascus pattern and it’s a tough knife to beat for the price.

Last edited:
In recent years I discovered Anryu’s knives. As one of the founders of the Takefu Knife village Anryu focuses on passing down the trade as well as producing quality, but affordable knives. My preference in knives is San Mai construction and a fully reactive blade. I also find that White #2 steel is easily sharpened to a wonderful edge.

A little while ago I picked up a second Anryu 240 Gyuto. I decided to put it to use today making a batch of my favourite leek, potato and broccoli soup. Lots of chopping. I took a few beauty pics of the knife, but unfortunately company dropped by early and left late. I finished the soup but it was too dark to take pics of the process. You will have to take my word fo it that the soup is delicious. Here’s a few beauty pics.

View attachment 73590 View attachment 73591 View attachment 73592 View attachment 73593

240x52x3.2mm. 215gms. Oval rosewood handle. Black parka wood ferrule. Good fit and finish. Great rocker/push/pull slicer. Fine tip. Very reasonable price. The Gyuto is a real pleasure to use. Very sharp out of the box it made short work of all the veges. I used the fine point as a paring knife to remove the broccoli florets, sliced and rock chopped the leeks and sliced and push cut the potatoes into cubes. The knife is very comfortable in hand. I use a pinch grip and the knife was ever so slightly blade heavy. I like the karouchi finish even though it’s was a touch uneven. It was very refreshing to be reminded that great, useful Japanese knives at very reasonable prices. Add the easy to sharpen W2 steel and eye catching Damascus pattern and it’s a tough knife to beat for the price.
Hate how all the Takefu knives have that laser etched kanji now, they must all be using the same machine. Used to be some nice hand chiseled kanji that came out of Takefu.

Older Kurosaki Laser
20190825_173156.jpg

Back