Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what I mean, I like seeing the working knives like these ones, not the ones that are so exxy people won't ever use them.

But I know others like the unicorns. We're a broad church here, right?
One man's unicorn is another man's beater. Beater knife. Not the domestic kind of beating.

Picked up this beauty from Mr. Maumasi ... seriously was an absolutely amazing process & final product is everything I could have hoped for ... sorry for the iphone pic's but I have been busy moving up to the PNW ... well worth the 1300 mile drive up ;-)

Blade is forged from damasteel dense twist with handle/saya from CA buckeye ... he added stainless & g10 accents to both ... stupid amazing work ...View attachment 97600View attachment 97601View attachment 97602
Beautiful. The saya is amazing

Wow if I ever get to see an original Kramer as a beater knife.
Guess you don't remember the $250K Bordain Kramer beater. Cracked saya thrown in
Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 12.53.53 AM.png

If you are a billionaire why would you even spend time with kitchen knives. Plenty of other things to keep you busy.
If billionaires want to collect, they usually collect expensive items which in times of need they can use as collateral to get a bank loan. I doubt a $250k kitchen knife will be acceptable bank collateral.

Last edited:
Picked up this beauty from Mr. Maumasi ... seriously was an absolutely amazing process & final product is everything I could have hoped for ... sorry for the iphone pic's but I have been busy moving up to the PNW ... well worth the 1300 mile drive up ;-)

Blade is forged from damasteel dense twist with handle/saya from CA buckeye ... he added stainless & g10 accents to both ... stupid amazing work ...View attachment 97600View attachment 97601View attachment 97602
Incredible, do you have closer up pics of the blade? How exactly did he work the damasteel?

I'm more interested in seeing the knives people are buying for the benefit of their particular utility/advantages/benefits in use, not just because they're adding "unicorns" to their collections, TBH.
Ahem.. My first picture here, so don't make fun.. Munetoshi JNS 165mm petty. Feels pretty tactile when cutting. Satisfied so far.
IMG_2977.jpg

Latest posts

Back