Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gesshin is a beauty. And salty I don't know if you did it for charity or what, I have seen some of your knives and that one just doesn't compare!

gesshin ajikatiya wa-gyuto (sorry for answering on his behalf)

NP Jon

it's a very cool knife, feels very handmade (although I reallly know nothing about the craftsmen other than reputation). What I really like about it is the profile, the blade is really flat. It's almost like a 240mm santoku in some ways (flat belly, tip that drops from the spine rather than rises from the blade, etc). blade is very thin and light - it's a fast knife, total performance.

3 new additions

fpjnpLjl.jpg
[/IMG]

1st is a HHH AEB-L not really new since I got it around Christmas but the Saya is scottchef38 is the man on this one FITS PERFECT!
2nd not sure what it is to tell you the truth besides a cool CCK that takes a wicked edge thanks CHRIS!
3rd Is a Kanehiro AS 150mm

This being the sum***** in question.

Thin, light, slight convex, very thin tip. The handle is surprisingly comfortable and the thing was cheap. AEB-L. Only used it for one shift so far. I prefer a sturdier knife but for line work it's fine.

I've come full circle. I've decided not to use the good stuff on the line anymore.

Hey everyone, this is my latest purchase that I have not received yet. The lady's description was that it was new in the box from the early 70's and a Japanese chopping knife. That is all I know until it arrives in my hands. These are the pictures she had posted. Any help identifying would be appreciated. I'll have more measurements when it arrives.

"all-purpose kitchen knife, 180mm"(box)
"register/made by Sakai knife smith"(blade)

judge by profile, it's clearly a santoku

"all-purpose kitchen knife, 180mm"(box)
"register/made by Sakai knife smith"(blade)

judge by profile, it's clearly a santoku

Thanks for the information. I'll post some better pictures when the knife arrives.

Just arrived today!!
A Gyuto 10'' blade by Aaron Wilburn, with snowflake Damascus and fire storm edge,
handle: D shape formed from snakewood with a Musk Ox spacer, front and rear nickel silver caps,
The steel is 1084 and 15n20 for the snowflake and 52100 and 15n20 for the edge.
Overall length is 395mm (15.55").
Blade length 254mm (10"), 54.5mm (2.15'') high at heel
Weight is 277g.
Spine at heel is 3.16mm, 0.94mm at tip.

Souli

Sick Wilburn if you dont mind me asking how much did that cost?

uh….what….:surrendar::surrendar::surrendar::surrendar::surrendar::surrendar::surrendar::surrendar:

Really like that Fujiyama. Can you comment on how the grind compares to the Mizuno Hontanren Aogami?

I really like that octagonal handle with no ferrule, and I am usually a D handle guy

I like the looks of it, but I'm not sure about the "no taper" part. I have a couple other handles I could put on it, though, if it doesn't work out for me.

These later blue and ginsanko Fujiyamas are absolutely killer. Nicest spine and choil out there. Wicked grind. Carter thin behind the edge.

You're going to love it!

One of those (click the photo for link). Should be interesting.

beaut. I have the fujiyama in white #1 (although not kurouchi), and it's fantastic. F&F is top notch, and grind is great as well. I like the minimalistic look of the handle here, it really works with the kurouchi (but probably not so much with a polished blade).

These later blue and ginsanko Fujiyamas are absolutely killer. Nicest spine and choil out there. Wicked grind. Carter thin behind the edge.

You're going to love it!

It looks rather reminiscent of my Aoko Kagekiyo, and if it's anything like that, it'll be a great knife.

Back