Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke and David (Bloodroot) make fantastic knives. You're very likely to absolutely love it, Pete. Great buy!

Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

juqx.jpg

Here's what Luke had to say about it…

"The blade is to your dimensions, HRC 63 from a highway boom-saw blade, in the 50's HRC on the top 1/3 of the blade (differentially tempered). Very thin behind the edge but it's a pretty stiff blade due to the strong distal taper. It's convex/hybrid grind, with stronger convexity on the right face than the back and from heel to tip. The handle is a R-hand D with blackwood, spacer, and our spalted maple burl. The burl is stabilized, but unlike some stabilization does slightly grain raise with use for a grippier surface than a straight polish."

Here's a picture of the awesome distal taper.

il7v.jpg

That looks very nice. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of price range was that in?

The Takamura Hana arrived yesterday and already had it's first day of work. It seems like a fine piece of work. Light and delicate yet solid. Here are the pictures some of you asked for.

I dont know what I love more about your pictures, the knife or the Nikka Yoichi ;)

Well, hopefully the knife lasts longer than the Yoichi did.
Nice to see one that shares my taste.

I personally prefer Takamura Hana over Tanaka ironwood. Both knives have similar cutting performance but Takamura has slightly better food release & I love Integrated WA Handle more than western handle!

Thank you!
Yes the handle exceeds my expectations in comfort and grip.
The ***** drew its first blood today, won't miss that piece of my finger anyway though.

Well my first knife from Luke and David just arrived and upon inspection she exceeds all expectations! I knew they had created something special from the pictures but the distal taper, rounding of the spine/choil, super thin grind and handle execution are phenomenal. These guys are an absolute bargain in the world of custom kitchen knives. I will for sure be jumping back on the waiting list for another in the future.

I also picked up a cheap flipper that gets great reviews just because…

gsyd.jpg

They're awesome. But you all know I thbk that.

Korin yanagi showed up a couple of days ago, as soon as the hhh production shows up ill be sure to post pics. ( I know there's a thread on here that will show me how).

Oh oh, here is another one that was done before the Konosuke. It is a 240mm Itto-Ryu black mirror finished gyuto. This one has a highly assymetrical bevels, something like 90/10. I am yet to cut with this one, either. I have no idea how different this would be compared to other double bevels. Anyone care to chime in?

Saya & handle are full corian, with nickel silver fittings and mosaic pin on end cap.

null_zpsc423db6e.jpg

null_zps200f7518.jpg

null_zps4773ff39.jpg

null_zps4a682d15.jpg

This is some crazy pictures of this knife. Where can I get one like this if you don't mind me asking?

Hi everyone, that is my knife in the pics.

The black color is some sort of finish on the metal. It is a 'single bevel' gyuto with a flat bevel on one side. This may be what the experts say highly assymetrical bevels.

I have used it for a full week in a pro kitchen and the finish held up well. Edge retention is also very good for a white #1.I have to adjust in using it the first few hours but it was fine after.

It is a show piece for me and my collection, I would not recommend it for an everyday knife.

Phillip78 : I tried to send you a PM but you need to have a few more posts before you can receive.

Nice Fowler, mt!

thanks. some of you may know this knife, I guess it was a pass around somewhere i'm not sure if it was on this forum or a different one. It cleaned up nice and I think it would look awful good with a new snazzy handle.

I had it for a bit. Along with a few others. It's a beast, with the world's largest emoto. I liked the height.

Feels more like a sword in hand.

It's funny to see things circle from years back....

Enjoy!

9.25in David Liesch gyuto with curly koa. I was a little hesitan how this knife has the slightly swept heel and a angled intergral bolster but if feels awesome. In fact it might have the best in hand feel of any knife I've ever used.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

murray.jpg I guess I can post now, that it has been shipped to me. I could not resist on pulling the trigger when I seen this on Murrays site earlier this week. I pulled the trigger so quick I forgot about a 25% discount I had available, good people at Carter Cutlery are reimbursing me as we speak. Great customer service.

Back