Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My close friend, himself a woodworker and metalworker, admired two of my Munetoshi knives on two separate occasions over a year apart.
9AF7AD96-F850-4DAC-B52D-E9E855F40CC0.jpeg

The most recent time was just a few weeks ago when he used the ko-bunka to cut a variety of desserts at the table. He didn’t make the connection, but I did. So I ordered him the littl’un.
BB66B5F0-C62D-47CD-A2D3-BB2DB205DCC4.jpeg

It has my preferred handle iteration: D shaped chestnut with a metal ferrule cap.

Last edited:
My close friend, himself a woodworker and metalworker, admired two of my Munetoshi knives on two separate occasions over a year apart.
View attachment 319350

The most recent time was just a few weeks ago when he used the ko-bunka to cut a variety of desserts at the table. He didn’t make the connection, but I did. So I ordered him the littl’un.
View attachment 319356
It has my preferred handle iteration: D shaped chestnut with a metal ferrule cap.

Enablers to the rescue!

Let us know what he thinks!

when i was young there was a dude who always wore a white suit and had a black mustache from florida. Secretary lady would call him a name I found funny.

Im naming this one the florida gentleman.

View attachment 319385

Haha can’t help but sing this to myself

🎶 “White suit, black ‘stash in Flo-ri-da, Yeah!” The Florida gentleman!

To the tune of…

when i was young there was a dude who always wore a white suit and had a black mustache from florida. Secretary lady would call him a name I found funny.

Im naming this one the florida gentleman.

View attachment 319385
I just came home from a terrific vacation in Florida, and just for that occasion, I was wearing a moustache! 😁

Had this for awhile but haven't shared yet... was waiting for a handle from Joe.

Dama Kagekiyo togo reigo:
togo1.jpg

togo2.jpg

Thank you so much to my friend on this forum for selling this to me, he knew it was a grail for me combining two of my favorite things, dama and togo and he hooked it up. You know who you are!

Had this for awhile but haven't shared yet... was waiting for a handle from Joe.

Dama Kagekiyo togo reigo:
View attachment 319437

View attachment 319436

Thank you so much to my friend on this forum for selling this to me, he knew it was a grail for me combining two of my favorite things, dama and togo and he hooked it up. You know who you are!
Verryy cool and thanks for sharing!!

My bank account is suffering. I was doing so good…..

Hitohira Kikuchiyo Ren ginsan gyuto 210 (Nakagawa x "Morihiro Hamono"). Just arrived from @Millertime and looks great! Surprisingly blade-forward balance given the short length and extremely aggressive grind. Literally just unpacked it so no test cutting yet. Profile looks curvier than I'm used to so that might be an adjustment but the x-sectional geometry is among the most extreme I've seen in person so I'm anticipating a pretty effortless cutter, assuming I don't get accordions.

Been looking at ginsan in general to boost my stainless options for lower maintenance nights. I think tonight will qualify. Will report back!

1 - ginsan - right side.jpg

2 - ginsan - left side.jpg

3 - ginsan - choil.jpg

Back