Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lFiBiJkl.jpg

new paring knife - hand-forged stainless steel blade in a deer antler handle

2 days from Michigan to Hawaii. Don't care what anybody says, the USPS ROCKS!

oosik parring.jpg

Be well,
Mikey

My latest acquisition:
A Chef knife 270mm (10.63'') made by Michael Andersson from Sweden.
The blade: a twist Damascus multibar blade with Explosion edge (15N20 and 1870).
The handle: integral bolster, a Mammoth Ivory and a Damascus butt cap.
Overall length is 410mm (16.14").
Blade length 270mm (10.63"), 39.2mm (1.54'') high at heel
Weight is 375g.
Spine at heel is 3.11mm, 1.29mm near the tip.

No offence but I really dont see how you could like a profile like that. The tip is so high almost like a scimitar. Pretty though. How does it cut?

Nice slicer, love the geometry; I bet no food will stick to that blade!

That's beautiful proper slicer. Really, really nice.

No photos yet, but I pulled the trigger last night on a Gesshin Ginga 270m wa-gyuto, stainless (plus a set of sharpening stones). I'm in London though, so hopefully they show up by Thanksgiving!

Thanks Jon!

Justin

IT'S READY AT LAST
It's been a VERY long (although not unexpected) wait, but it's on its way! I should have it in my hands by the end of the week, but I couldn't wait to post it!
I only have the pics from the maker, I'll post more when I get the knife. It's special order 10" chef knife made by Al Pendray, Wootz steel, sheep horn handle (gun not included :( ).
DSC00062%20%281%29.JPG

DSC00063.jpg

gman, those Masakage knives look really nice. Please let us know how you like them once you get some use out of them :)

my first impression is that they are both blade heavy but very comfortable and nimble in hand. the petty is a little thick behind the edge for hard foods, but works really well on softer foods. still haven't decided if i will thin it or not. the gyuto, on the other hand, is very thin behind the edge and has really blown me away so far. it's nearly silent going through carrots and the pieces come out smooth as glass.

i'm really curious to see how the edges hold up and how they will be to sharpen. this is my first foray into blue super.

IT'S READY AT LAST
It's been a VERY long (although not unexpected) wait, but it's on its way! I should have it in my hands by the end of the week, but I couldn't wait to post it!
I only have the pics from the maker, I'll post more when I get the knife. It's special order 10" chef knife made by Al Pendray, Wootz steel, sheep horn handle (gun not included :( ).

Congratulations. I would really like to see some demo how the carbon nanotubes in the wootz perform.

Matus, You're so polite.

That's not necessarily the words that come to my mind in looking at this knife.

Congratulations. I would really like to see some demo how the carbon nanotubes in the wootz perform.

You know, you guys can be real pricks at times:disdain:

Back