Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These a actually quite sharp, will post a kidrelated review later....

Because of this new Kato I haven't gotten around to using the shig. And this shig is a beast thicker than the Kato I'm gonna love it too image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seriously beautiful knives turbo especially loving that Kato friggen gorgeous man! :doublethumbsup:

My take from E.E.'s cyber Monday sale. 300mm Yoshikane V2 tamamoku yanagiba (This was actually the exact knife I was hoping to get) and a 75mm Asai SG2 paring.

Yoshikane yanagi and asai paring.jpg

Be well,
Mikey

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

My new yanagiba has finally arrived after a few months' wait due to custom options. This is a blue #2, 330mm honyaki.

330-1110.jpg

330-3110.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1419607919.900400.jpg
Very excited to slay some poultry this weekend! As always awesome shopping experience for my wife at JKI.

Not a buy but a Christmas surprise from the gorgeous wife:

16118391932_7e7fb8b67a_z.jpg

Kurosaki Megumi 150 Petty and Shibata Kotetsu 75 Petty, the latter did miracles on the Christmas lunch sprouts. Still getting used to the Megumi, it is stunning in person but I am trying to find uses for a longer Petty.

Not new but just modded K Sabatier, the tip was bent so I used this excuse to turn it into a Bunka.

15517715453_9041f07f63_z.jpg

9t4clKcBymY9Gc1YJyAOd7ldVB7YGd9Iw8mB60t_Qms

Nothing fancy, Kato Workhorse large Nakiri with (slightly) oversized handle. I like it.

Fresh from MT, thought I would also include the top Gyuto which is currently my favourite knife, and my go to knife for the last 12 months in (AEB-L) just to show how my preferences are changing in regards to profile, Marko nailed the profile on this latest knife in A2.
The wood on the Honesuki is from some of that awesome Rosewood that Mark posted earlier in the year.

Picked these up on a trip to Japan in November. Went a little crazy but have been enjoying them all

Kyoto - Shigharu 180mm Deba

cJtJgBU.jpg

Kyoto - Aritsugu stainless clad 140mm petty

49oXkjA.jpg

Osaka -

Ichimonji 300mm Fugubiki

T3h9Hpw.jpg

Ichimonji honesuki

7qmGRlg.jpg

Back