Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, I'd love to see a spine and choil shot of that mukimono.

Nice, I'd love to see a spine and choil shot of that mukimono.

Thank. It is of a typical single bevel knife, nothing fancy, but nicely done.

20150224_163554.jpg

20150224_163625.jpg

Both are from AEB-L. Flat ground with a hand rubbed finish and have taper tangs.
The paring knife has a 4 inch cutting edge and the carver has a 9 inch edge.

Just received this beast from Ariel Elias Salaverria (AES).
made of 1010/304 Stainless steel with a 52100 core.
Total length 18.03'', edge 12.12'', heel 2.04'', spine at the heel 0.28'', tip 0.85mm.

Konosuke ebony handle

IMG_0341.JPG

Tamahagane very thin behind the edge

IMG_0337.JPG

Takada 270mm Gyuto got off BST my first Wa African Blackwood Turquoise spacer Black Horn

IMG_0349.JPG

That last pic makes me miss Takeda. Anybody have an old school 240mm Takeda they want to sell?

Konosuke ebony handle

IMG_0341.JPG

Tamahagane very thin behind the edge

IMG_0337.JPG

Takada 270mm Gyuto got off BST my first Wa African Blackwood Turquoise spacer Black Horn

IMG_0349.JPG

Beautiful knives. Who did the handle on the Takeda? Stefan?

Just received this beast from Ariel Elias Salaverria (AES).
made of 1010/304 Stainless steel with a 52100 core.
Total length 18.03'', edge 12.12'', heel 2.04'', spine at the heel 0.28'', tip 0.85mm.

Couldn't find a pic of the entire knife. One of his early "BBQ" knives. still have it.

Beautiful knives. Who did the handle on the Takeda? Stefan?

I did it have been helping Stepan get out a large Aussie order doing grunt work gluing, drilling, sanding. Have been making a few Wa's. This was my first wanted lots of black to go with the Takeda.

The first spacer I put on not enough contrast too dark, so cut it out with bandsaw , leveled the surfaces & glued in the Turquoise. When I was almost finished ready to mount it on the blade, dropped it on the concrete of my garage chipped the butt. had to go back & sand that out. My first Wa had some growing pains.:O

I did it have been helping Stepan get out a large Aussie order doing grunt work gluing, drilling, sanding. Have been making a few Wa's. This was my first wanted lots of black to go with the Takeda.

The first spacer I put on not enough contrast too dark, so cut it out with bandsaw , leveled the surfaces & glued in the Turquoise. When I was almost finished ready to mount it on the blade, dropped it on the concrete of my garage chipped the butt. had to go back & sand that out. My first Wa had some growing pains.:O

All the knives look great Keith. That tamahagane has a very cool profile too.

I like that Carter Muteki, looks like an upgrade from that line. It's got a real nice look to it.

That looks really nice. What's the steel and, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?

Referring to the Masahi Kobo petty knife pictured in this thread:

I got one of these last year. Mine is SLD. I keep it at work, using it mostly to cut fruit when I eat lunch at my desk. It is a very elegant knife. The fit and finish is amazing. I hope you ejoy yours.

Cheers,

Jack

Just got this Kochi magic 240mm in for a test drive. Although it is not exact a brand new knife, but its blue print does look pretty good.

20150228_181503.jpg

20150228_181646.jpg

I hate following the Aussies in the "new knife" thread - esp Huw and Schanop - they get all the cool stuff down there.

Anyway the 180 Watanabe Nakiri has been on my radar for awhile and recently made the top of the list. Mikey and I worked a deal and he put a beauty on it for me. I provided the chunk of wood from Dream Burls, dyed purple/blue/black, that I thought would compliment the Kurochi finish. Mikey did the rest.

My pic (usual apologies for cell phone)

2015-02-27%2013.29.34.jpg

2015-02-27%2013.30.06.jpg

Mikey's much better pic

Mikey%20Nakiri%20Handle%201.jpg

And the Turtle

Mikey%20Nakiri%202%20.jpg

Back