Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

newest knife buy... 180 Kato Workhorse Nakiri from Maksim with Custom BogOak-brass-Buffalo horn-handle from Xerxes knives... love it :knife:

Regards, Iggy

The King of suitas

Exactly :bliss:

Really like the stone (former go-to-Suita was a nice Ohira Renge Suita about Lvl 3,5) but the Okudo is a little bit faster (has a lot of su...) and leaves a bit nicer kasumi finish.

But they complement each other quite well.

My new garlic smasher, Toyama was not cuttin it anymore :)

ilg3cwV.jpg

SsgZ1Dj.jpg

Good one Ruso. What ya going to do with it?
Mostly camping. Wanted to try one to see how it compares to my small hatchet.

I'd like to see what else you're packing in that scabbard/sheath.
It's Karda and Chakmak. Karda is a small "paring" type of knife and Chakmak is kind of a steel to align the edge. This is a fairly low end Khukri, so this two utensils are real POS.

What's the tooth for?
AFAIK it's not really known. Most people are leaning toward religious meaning of a sort. Also, since Khukri is differentially harden, some people say this provides a "relief" to the edge on hard impact what ever it means.

Overall its a cool toy, splits apples and smashes garlic with lots of fun. :p

that nakiri has a really interesting grind. how does it cut?

Does cut quite well. Obviously it's more like a workhorse than a laser and in the back part of the blade it's quite thick but overall it gets quite a lot thinner towards the tip and works quite nicely if you like that sort of workhorse knives. Food Release is very good. Compared to my 240 Kato Workhorse Gyuto, the Gyuto is a little bit better of a cutter.

Haha, yes i am very pleased with this one!
Great value, especially the k&s version.

Now I know why you sold your fujiwara. Really nice carter. You know he's from nova scotia, making him arguably the best Canadian knife maker.

Back