Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Nakiri I had Schroeder knife works rehandle
image_zps5rel4mdu.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

you have exquisite taste

Heiji semi stainless chuka. 505g. Thought I wanted it a bit lighter but it feels great. Not finished amazingly, but that was expected and doesn't bother me in the least. It does however cut amazingly. The handle is a bit clunky but I do have big mitts so it so far is ok. Maybe the shoulders at the front of handle could be eased a bit. Early days but uber pleased!
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1468570202.763598.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1468570226.164734.jpg

Ginger quick pickled cucumber and a Chinese style dressing over poached chicken. Think it was out of a Kylie kwong book actually. My wife's fav.

Looking great, Jimbob.

Heiji semi stainless chuka. 505g. Thought I wanted it a bit lighter but it feels great. Not finished amazingly, but that was expected and doesn't bother me in the least. It does however cut amazingly. The handle is a bit clunky but I do have big mitts so it so far is ok. Maybe the shoulders at the front of handle could be eased a bit. Early days but uber pleased!
View attachment 32546View attachment 32547

Bond Knife chukka SH-15 200mm x 85mm 475g I picked up last week and 180mm Tanaka from BST I got yesterday http://imgur.com/gallery/ExeSk
Not sure how to the pics up sorry about the crappy photos also 11st time taking knife pictures

Jeff

Dear forum,

after reading this fine article (in Swedish) I felt ready to try the cleaver experience, and ordered the recommented cai dao –SmartWife Carbon Steel Cleaver (but labeled as »For frend daughter relatives cutting tool professional chef knives carbon steel Mulberry knife kitchen knife cook knife SDH0015«) – from here

It arrived some three weeks later. I gave the handle a treatment with unboiled flaxseed oil, and off I was.

Beein a cleaver beginner, I cannot make any pro comments, but initially I like the feel, the lightness and thinness of the blade. It chops nicely, sharpens easily to very high sharpness.

Here are some impressions:
0C3tu0z.jpg

zUjd1er.jpg

VJ8yoI5.jpg

M2u62JS.jpg

ZeE8KpQ.jpg

I am already thinking of buying another one, maybe the big sis: link with 8Cr13 steel.

Or this one: link with 4Cr13 steel.

What do you guis think, probably Shibazi is somewhat better?

Kanehiro AS, 270mm Sujihiki - Maple ferrule/Wenge handle
Arrived yesterday evening, and finally got to try it out in the workspace; aim to use it as a general all purpose knife, as well as general carving :bat:
RK09CBX.jpg

Just arrived - Kato 270mm and 300mm.
Can anyone who reads Kanji help identify what the Kanji means/says?
Thanks, Souli

I have that masakage, its a great blade. Love the red handle matetial, much nicer than black horn imho.

Yeh, i got rel lucky with the Masakage, very nice knife that doesn't break the bank, feels very balanced in my hand. Got my eyes on a Bunka but am going to wait awhile,,,i hope

oh i should put it in here too ( more pictures in the ikeda thread)

Ikeda 180mm Shirogami Wa Santoku with Workhorse grind

Iyr9H7T.jpg

best regards, daniel!

And Daddy makes three. Tanaka G. I picked up the 210 from James to try it and liked it so well I harangued 9one of our members into selling the 240. Recently had the chance to add the 270 ( thanks Panda and Jim) Great prep knives, inexpensive and keep asking for more.

1469664621313.jpg

And Daddy makes three. Tanaka G. I picked up the 210 from James to try it and liked it so well I harangued 9one of our members into selling the 240. Recently had the chance to add the 270 ( thanks Panda and Jim) Great prep knives, inexpensive and keep asking for more.

The profile on the 210 has me giddy

33lcdty.jpg

Look what just arrived at my work place from James .
Little sneak peak. I can tell you, the wood in the handle is amazing. Crappy phone pics don't do it justice.

Love the 3 pack DaveB!

I've been on a no knife diet for a bit due to having a new custom on the way...that said, I've been bugging James about getting some KU Tanakas and it finally happened. This one is 240 x 53 and seems to be the same blue 2 Tanaka without the reactivity of the damascus...can't seem to not have a Tanaka in the mix and really stand by the argument that these may be some of the best knives at any price point. Likely getting the burnt chestnut from my Kochi but the D shape is from a Watanabe and may also get the nod?

20160729_005213_zpshkhfopsn.jpg

3 pack of the same knife is a bit hard to do unless it's inexpensive like the tanakas. the g3 270 is pretty special (especially the profile).

china, i'm full d-shape convert, but burnt chestnut just looks so right on a KU.

33lcdty.jpg

Look what just arrived at my work place from James .
Little sneak peak. I can tell you, the wood in the handle is amazing. Crappy phone pics don't do it justice.

Kurosaki R2 western 240mm. The thing is, blade was bent during transportation...
I just noticed it after posting that picture of the handle here. I'm so crushed, it's so awesome otherwise. :(

James told me that he'll give full refund and pay the shipping back to him fully. So excellent service from his side, the blade was packaged as good as possible. But it must have been something heavy that hit the package to bent the blade.

I hope I can get similar knife in the future. It's so awesome!

Back