Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chipped one of my gyuto slicing crusty bread and decided to get a dedicated bread knife a Mercer 10'' just south of $20....

bread.jpg

Also, a non-kithcen knife purchase a Humphrey dog paw

dogpaw.jpg

X30Cr13? Surprised they even dare to print it on there... ;) At least it won't chip! :)

My wife got into my wish list and got me an early Valentine's Day gift. I think I'll keep her.
Keep the wife or the knives?

If you ever get tired of the wife... put her on B/S/T please.

IMG_1902.jpg

It has landed, the Wat pro SS clad 180 KU. Actually it arrived two days a go. After two average work days it needs a tune up and the core steel has already developed some patina. Let's see how it performs again after some time on the stones?

Some new arrivals from fellow members. Finally have a chance to try a Watanabe and i have to say it's my favourite among all three.

A while back, I went to Carters site and fell in love with that particular knife. Very close to purchasing it. Just pulled in to the colors and contrasts of the handle. Just beautiful.

My wife got into my wish list and got me an early Valentine's Day gift. I think I'll keep her.

Carter
6.5 sun International Pro Series Freestyle Funayuki

20170208_120743_1.jpg

20170208_120804.jpg

Takamura
Migaki R2 Gyuto 210mm

20170208_120436.jpg

New kids on the block - pun intended :biggrin:

20170208_120956_1.jpg

I'm thinking two konos, an skd yoshikane, a sukenari, kato maybe. The petty and suji I don't recognise.

Just guessing here

that sukenari does look a lot like KS, which is why i cant wait until i get the email from koki telling me my honyaki is ready!

Oh cool, did you get 240 or 270? White1?

IMG_9980_zpsynovppyp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is it me or the angle but that profile looks different than mine.

IMG_9980_zpsynovppyp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think it might be the angle of the photo.

I put mine in exactly the same orientation and it's the same thing.

IMG_9980_zpsynovppyp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would say it's the pic as well. I pulled the blade back out and they look almost identical. If you think different please let me know!!!

Back