Sink bridge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

you.. you got any more of them rocks?
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whipped up a quick sink bride out of scraps, entirely inspired by @KnightKnightForever ‘s polishing setup yesterday. With beveled edges 😉.
472E5410-130C-431D-BE8B-2FC22D69DDB1.jpeg

Been needing one of these for a while because the one I have had a massive design flaw - one side inherently sits higher than the other. It screws with my jnats that are off angle. Too bad it cost enough for me to be chapped about it. I gotta stop flooding my counter with grit.

Damn. Shoulda made it triple wide instead of just double.
2AEF677F-2352-4CE3-BEC9-DDDAE155D91A.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Did you decide to use some sort of water repellant or just natural since it was scraps? And is it pine? Hah, been starting to dabble in more wood and let's just say trying to ID random woods isn't my Forte...

Maybe consider drilling holes in one edge and make another half sized bride with dowels you can pop in when needed and pop out when not? Might be a unique feature to one.

This one was just raw pine, and let me tell you it didn’t last very long at all. 2x4 cedar (?) or pine isn’t faring much better.

The goal in the future is to use possibly teak, or something fancy and seal the heck out of it. Having the option to pop on another layer would be nice, but in truth I gotta get the basics figured out first. Good thing these are disposable!

This one was just raw pine, and let me tell you it didn’t last very long at all. 2x4 cedar (?) or pine isn’t faring much better.

The goal in the future is to use possibly teak, or something fancy and seal the heck out of it. Having the option to pop on another layer would be nice, but in truth I gotta get the basics figured out first. Good thing these are disposable!
Cedar has worked out well for me. Three years of regular use and just gets better with age.

86F2CE81-C7CB-4509-B049-E392A38A1E4F.jpeg

Two pieces of 2x4, screwed together with a bead of silicone in between. Off cuts screwed to the bottom to hold it in place. Channels for drainage.

Cedar has worked out well for me. Three years of regular use and just gets better with age.

View attachment 240790

Two pieces of 2x4, screwed together with a bead of silicone in between. Off cuts screwed to the bottom to hold it in place. Channels for drainage.
Wow. That’s a nice one! Did you seal it at all?

Back