• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Snake sells some great coffee stuff for cheap (Comandante c40 bundle,Kingrinder k6, v60, mugen dropper and more!)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All

So it’s come time to purge some coffee stuff to make room for more….so a stupid snake sale it is ;) everything is in very good condition with the c40 being used for many 10kg of coffee and the k6 being used for 5-6k roughly. Both are nicely seasoned and ready for years more and for the c40 probably decades more of use.

Ideally I want to sell all the drippers as a bundle to save on shipping so how about $35.00 for all the drippers with either grinder?

All prices include shipping within the ConUs, no international, for reference on pricing the c40 alone (no extras with it) was $325.00 msrp when I bought just the grinder, it’s the liquid ash model. The bundle comes with the c40, extra 2x bean cups/storage cups, merino wool sleeve for protection/travel, xl handle AND the Red Clix modification for dialing in espresso or finer grinds. I don’t want to think how much I have in this bundle but sufficient to say it’s a lot lol. The k6 is a value champ, best hand grinder you are gonna get sub $200 easily, and I’ve tried a ton I can tell you that.

Drippers in that bundle are the Hario v60 metal, Hario Mugen Ceramic, Bee House large dripper. Also I’ll throw in a nice stack of Hario 02 tabbed filters for there drippers and some Cafec Abaca filters for the Hario drippers. The Bee House just takes Melitta #4 filters so easy to find at Walmart or anywhere

C40 grinder bundle = $300.00
Kingrinder k6 = $75.00

Attachments

• IMG_4451.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Also happy to answer any specific questions about any of the stuff here ;)

I’m a coffee nerd too surprise surprise

what are you grinding with now? always wanted to try a C40, many people love it even after many other comparably precise handgrinders have come out.

what are you grinding with now? always wanted to try a C40, many people love it even after many other comparably precise handgrinders have come out.
The c40 is honestly still the best all around grinder I can think of regardless of price when it comes to hand grinding. I could write a few full pages on it if you wanted but basically if you are going to spend $200+ and you just want one hand grinder to cover the entire spectrum of ways to make coffee from espresso to pour over, drip, French press, cold brew and whatever else you can think of. Just add the red clix for espresso and you have everything covered. It’s also got a bomb proof build, straight forward grind adjustment, a reasonable amount of grind settings (don’t get me started on hand grinders with 200+ grind settings) and a normal threaded catch cup so you can’t accidentally knock it off. I could do a full breakdown of why it’s better than each and every $200+ plus hand grinder as an all rounder.

That said, I’ve got the time and luxury of owning many many hand grinders so I’ve got specific ones for specific stuff. At home I do mostly pour over for my wife and I and the best hand grinder specifically for that is the Pietro with the Pro burrs or the Orphan Apex, both of which I have. Those are both $400.00+ monsters that are bolted down and use ridiculous burrs in a hand grinder. To be honest they’re more mills than hand grinders because you can’t hold them and grind. So at home I use those, or at work I just have a specific espresso grinder I really like because it’s incredibly fast. For espresso I enjoy medium to darker roasts in the more traditional Italian style and I use a BPlus Apollo at work for espresso. The BPlus is capable of cranking out a 14-15g shot in like 30seconds at espresso settings which is bonkers for a hand grinder. That said I find it kinda sucks for anything not espresso. I would say the c40 is equally good for espresso taste wise and grind distribution wise just slower at a more normal 1-1:30min time frame. This is close to other hand grinders for espresso but the Apollo is specifically designed for the espresso I like so it’s better for me and again it’s crazy fast which fits my work flow better ie crank out a fast shot in the morning at work and get going.

You all remember that crazy long post I did in synthetic stones? I could do that with hand grinders if you all want someday ;)

The pourover bug hasn’t bit me yet, but this is an incredible deal for anyone looking to get into it. C40 alone will run you close to 350 from most places,
Yeah the wood ones especially (which this is since it’s the liquid ash) are quite pricey. I do plan to get a c60 Barracuda when I can but that’s just me being an idiot and also I do love Comandante grinders.

The c40 is honestly still the best all around grinder I can think of regardless of price when it comes to hand grinding. I could write a few full pages on it if you wanted but basically if you are going to spend $200+ and you just want one hand grinder to cover the entire spectrum of ways to make coffee from espresso to pour over, drip, French press, cold brew and whatever else you can think of. Just add the red clix for espresso and you have everything covered. It’s also got a bomb proof build, straight forward grind adjustment, a reasonable amount of grind settings (don’t get me started on hand grinders with 200+ grind settings) and a normal threaded catch cup so you can’t accidentally knock it off. I could do a full breakdown of why it’s better than each and every $200+ plus hand grinder as an all rounder.

That said, I’ve got the time and luxury of owning many many hand grinders so I’ve got specific ones for specific stuff. At home I do mostly pour over for my wife and I and the best hand grinder specifically for that is the Pietro with the Pro burrs or the Orphan Apex, both of which I have. Those are both $400.00+ monsters that are bolted down and use ridiculous burrs in a hand grinder. To be honest they’re more mills than hand grinders because you can’t hold them and grind. So at home I use those, or at work I just have a specific espresso grinder I really like because it’s incredibly fast. For espresso I enjoy medium to darker roasts in the more traditional Italian style and I use a BPlus Apollo at work for espresso. The BPlus is capable of cranking out a 14-15g shot in like 30seconds at espresso settings which is bonkers for a hand grinder. That said I find it kinda sucks for anything not espresso. I would say the c40 is equally good for espresso taste wise and grind distribution wise just slower at a more normal 1-1:30min time frame. This is close to other hand grinders for espresso but the Apollo is specifically designed for the espresso I like so it’s better for me and again it’s crazy fast which fits my work flow better ie crank out a fast shot in the morning at work and get going.

You all remember that crazy long post I did in synthetic stones? I could do that with hand grinders if you all want someday ;)
I think you know that we would all appreciate that breakdown. Do you hand grind exclusively? Or do you have motors too?

I think you know that we would all appreciate that breakdown. Do you hand grind exclusively? Or do you have motors too?
Yeah it’s true you all would love it ;) some weekend when I have the time I’ll put something together.

I only hand grind now. I had a couple $<500 electric grinders and couldn’t find something that could equal the hand grinders unless I spent thousands. Also I like the physical part of it, it’s fun to me and makes for a much longer lasting grinder with less parts to break and no electronics. You can take almost any hand grinder apart with no tools and clean it thoroughly and put it back together in a few minutes. With an electric grinder it’s a much longer project and a big pain. Coming from food and a science background I really like cleaning and maintaining all my own stuff frequently and keeping it all looking new/working like new. Hand grinders are perfect for that.

In terms of performance, the OE Apex for example produces a grind on par with the Mahlkonig ek43 (there’s research out here showing particle distribution, level of fines etc…). The ek43 costs $3200….the Apex is $450. Granted the Apex comes with some annoyances but **** for this level of grind I’m okay with it. Same with my Pietro with Pro Burrs, smokes just about anything I’ve tried aside from some crazy expensive stuff.

Nice kit and a great deal for the lucky buyer!

I ended up going with a 1zpresso K Plus over the C40 as a pour over grinder for the office due to its insane speed and easy grind adjustment, but I was always curious about how it compares in cup quality.

Nice kit and a great deal for the lucky buyer!

I ended up going with a 1zpresso K Plus over the C40 as a pour over grinder for the office due to its insane speed and easy grind adjustment, but I was always curious about how it compares in cup quality.
The 1zpresso stuff overall is quite good, I find that the c40 is a little more complex flavor wise. To me most of the 1zpresso stuff (I’ve tried a number of their grinders) when it comes to pour over is a little “clearer” or has a bit more clarity focus than I like in my pour over while the c40 strikes a really good balance of complexity and blending while still getting good flavor notes/definition. That said the K series is definitely faster and easier in hand I would say. I have a k ultra currently and don’t like the magnetic cup because I’ve accidentally knocked it off more than once. I would say the K series is probably the closest to the c40 in terms of doing everything well. I give the c40 the edge in espresso, I like the shots from it more. The k series is a bit quicker by like 10second to me for espresso but nowhere near the BPlus (with like 30seconds grind times for espresso) which is honestly my favorite hand grinder for the style of espresso I like.

I think the K series does a little better with a lot of the lighter roasted stuff as well where it seems like folks are really trying to get that separation and clarity and all that with in depth tasting notes. As well as highlighting a bit more acidic notes to a roast. The c40 is more my medium to dark roast comfort style coffee. Like more rich and unctuous and full bodied with still great flavors and clarity but more blending.

The 1zpresso stuff overall is quite good, I find that the c40 is a little more complex flavor wise. To me most of the 1zpresso stuff (I’ve tried a number of their grinders) when it comes to pour over is a little “clearer” or has a bit more clarity focus than I like in my pour over while the c40 strikes a really good balance of complexity and blending while still getting good flavor notes/definition. That said the K series is definitely faster and easier in hand I would say. I have a k ultra currently and don’t like the magnetic cup because I’ve accidentally knocked it off more than once. I would say the K series is probably the closest to the c40 in terms of doing everything well. I give the c40 the edge in espresso, I like the shots from it more. The k series is a bit quicker by like 10second to me for espresso but nowhere near the BPlus (with like 30seconds grind times for espresso) which is honestly my favorite hand grinder for the style of espresso I like.

I think the K series does a little better with a lot of the lighter roasted stuff as well where it seems like folks are really trying to get that separation and clarity and all that with in depth tasting notes. As well as highlighting a bit more acidic notes to a roast. The c40 is more my medium to dark roast comfort style coffee. Like more rich and unctuous and full bodied with still great flavors and clarity but more blending.
I love light roast styles with lots of clarity and brightness, so it sounds like I made the right choice for me. Would still like to try a C40 one day though 🥵

Staying away from the espresso cannot hole for now though, I know how much the good stuff costs!

I love light roast styles with lots of clarity and brightness, so it sounds like I made the right choice for me. Would still like to try a C40 one day though 🥵

Staying away from the espresso cannot hole for now though, I know how much the good stuff costs!
Yeah I would personally stick with the 1zpresso line if you like that type of style. If you do drip or pour over style, you might want to try the zp6 special from 1zpresso, it’s apparently the king of clarity and almost tea like brews. Note I don’t own one personally as that isn’t my style of cup but I’ve heard it enough as well as from a local roaster I trust that it seems to be true.

FYI you can get a c40 on Amazon and try it for free because free returns…not that I’m advocating that, no sir. But they do sell on Amazon ;)

I'm loving this conversation. I have the 1Zpresso JX-Pro and love it. My favorite coffee is medium roast from somewhere like Brazil in a Kone metal filter/Chemex combo. I like classic coffee flavor with complexity. The JX-Pro fineness settings help me really dial in each new bean I get, albeit very easy to get lost in the dial if switching around a bunch. That C40 does look freaking sweet though, I have not tried it yet and really look forward to sometime.

I'm loving this conversation. I have the 1Zpresso JX-Pro and love it. My favorite coffee is medium roast from somewhere like Brazil in a Kone metal filter/Chemex combo. I like classic coffee flavor with complexity. The JX-Pro fineness settings help me really dial in each new bean I get, albeit very easy to get lost in the dial if switching around a bunch. That C40 does look freaking sweet though, I have not tried it yet and really look forward to sometime.
Yeah the 1zpresso stuff is really good for the price. If you are strictly looking at how good of a grinder you can get for msrp they are pretty much tops right now. Initial quality is really good too although sometimes you have to mess with alignment and calibration when you first get it. Sometimes not though, kind of a roll of the dice on that one but it’s easy enough to fix if needed. The 1zpresso stuff also all does clarity and flavor separation really well across the board.

There’s stuff about Comandante that is better(more deep and complex cups, medium to dark roasts, build quality and long term support) but it really depends on your focus and or how long you plan to keep this one hand grinder. If you want a one and done for basically the next couple decades, Comandante no question. But ultimately is it going to make a more tasty cup then the jx? Probably not unless you really like heavy more full bodied roasts and tastes. Then I would say yes slightly but otherwise it’s splitting hairs ;)

The jx puts you in the tier of oh dang this is good coffee with really only improvements at the very top. Outside of the heavy duty crazy stuff like what you can get from an Orphan Espresso Apex for example. That thing is nuts in what you can get out of it.

Back