So whats this Nakiri?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikz

Reaction score
I found this in my father in law's kitchen, it seems pretty soft steel, and it's quite dented. Anyone any idea what the Kanji (or is it Hanzi) says?

16m7twn.jpg

s2se4m.jpg

I do suspect it to be Chinese.

As far as I can tell it says "Registered" & made by "Sekitsubazo".

You can google this: 関鍔蔵

That's hilarious -- according to the first Google result, translated, we have the following:
"Seki collar warehouse (Sekitsubazou) work sashimi knife 2 regular company of fire fighters set 30043"

if it didnt have the kanji i wouldve said it was a 20 dollar dexter and russel.

Awwww, poor little fella!

It say's "someone mistook me for a bone cleaver"
and "I need some TLC"

I like it! The kanji kind of hints that it should be mine.

It says '$20 knife' right there on the ferrule...

Nothing wrong with a $20 knife. It just means that he got a bargain. Many people spend a lot more for things that they like a lot less.

However, there IS something wrong with letting it suffer with that dinged up edge. It's crying out for a refurb.

Nothing wrong with a $20 knife. It just means that he got a bargain. Many people spend a lot more for things that they like a lot less.

However, there IS something wrong with letting it suffer with that dinged up edge. It's crying out for a refurb.
Im going to ask him to let me see if I can help him out with that. He's in Japan atm, so I can't ask him right now.

+1!

Back