Some of my work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeroenK

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I joined KKF and I've been reading a lot on this great forum ever since. In the mean time I've been working on making kitchen knives and improving. I've been focussing on Japanese inspired knives, with special interested in making hamons and mokume gane. Recently I've started with forging, besides stock removal.

And now it's time to start share some of them:

Some 180mm gyutos:
IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_20201217_182423_004.jpg

IMG_20201223_202837_639.jpg

All three are 1095 steel with a oil quench hamon. The last one has an s-grind, the other two a thin convex grind.

IMG_5135.jpg

This santoku and nakiri set are multibar twist damascus, homemade three colour mokume ferrule and ebony handle. both have a subtle s grind as well.

A 52100 santoku with clean looking blade a colourful handle.
IMG_20201225_145434_967.jpg

And here is one of my first integral gyutos which I'm really proud of. It's hand forged from a piece of 1.1545(w1) steel and fitted with a piece of stabalized walnut and brass pins.
IMG_5942.jpg
IMG_5951.jpg
IMG_5961.jpg

Any questions or comments are very welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work lots of attention to detail! Are you soldering the bolsters in place?

Thank you very much!
No, the bolster, blade and tang are forged from a single piece of steel. That also allowed me to give this knife a horizontal tang. This is what the rear looks like:
IMG_5970.jpg

Very smart work :)

You've even managed to make damascus that looks elegant and unfussy, which is quite the achievement!

Love that integral, and the walnut is well worked to my untrained eye. Good workmanship.

I have a list of makers I would like that is 1000 miles long, but could you pm/dm a price approximate for simething similar to the integral?

Someone shared with me recently a picture from a maker here in the PNW named Salem Straub and a horizontal tang knife. Wondering who inspired who (or if, I guess).

Latest posts

Back