• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Some petty's and a 210, Nigara, Yoshimi, Irongull.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Still thinning the herd. Also, tired of bumping and following multiple posts, so I'm throwing everything into a single post. Here's what I've got to sell. All prices include shipping. All knives have been used, have patina that can be cleaned on request, but no known issues, and have probably been sharpened, usually once but twice at most. If you need more details, please reach out.

1. Nigara AS/S Tsuchime Kiritsuke Gyuto 210mm. Looking for $215. More pics, and pics from time of purchase.
IMG_1761.JPG

Stats:
63 HRC
Tip to heel of handle: 345mm
Tip to heel of blade: 198mm
Tip to handle: 212mm
Weight: 159 grams
Thickness out of handle 2.26mm
Thickness 1cm away from tip .7mm
Heel height: 50mm
Handle: Walnut with Water Buffalo Horn Collar
This one is kind of hard to let go of. I think they are focusing on sg2 these days, but I really like this blue super. It works great on tomato's. It's thin, but doesn't feel particularly delicate. Sharp enough to drag in your board. Relatively low maintenance being stainless clad. I really like the handle, it has enough texture for me but if you're into that super smooth feel you might want to hit it with a super fine sandpaper. I've sat on this because it's a great knife and I'm generally very happy with it, but I'm trying to focus on knives that I can practice thinning and polishing. This needs neither. Paid $265, looking for $215

I wrote a review thread on all 3 of the petty knives below. It's Here. I will continue to link to each post below.
IMG_1764.JPG

2. Takada Reika 135mm petty in white #2. Looking for $275. Sold
Stats:
Tip to heel of handle: 255mm
Tip to heel of blade: 125mm
Tip to handle: 135mm
Weight: 77 grams
Thickness out of handle 2.7mm
Thickness 1cm away from tip .9mm
Heel height: 27.1mm
Handle: Octagonal Rosewood w/ Ebony Ferrule

Here is a link to a review I had done earlier with some pictures.

3. Yoshimi echizen 150mm stainless clad white #2 migaki petty. Looking for $175.
Stats:
Tip to heel of handle: 279mm
Tip to heel of blade: 150mm
Tip to handle: 163mm
Weight: 66 grams
Thickness out of handle 2.7mm
Thickness 1cm away from tip .9mm
Heel height: 28.9mm
Handle: Octagonal American Cherry

Here is a link to the review I did earlier with some pictures.

4.IronGull Carbon petty/ko-bunka. Looking for $250.
Stats:
Tip to heel of handle: 285mm
Tip to heel of blade: 146mm
Tip to handle: 164mm
Weight: 136 grams
Thickness out of handle 4mm
Thickness 1cm away from tip 1.5mm
Heel height: 41.5mm
Handle: Curly Maple

In my review(with pics) I said I thought it was 52100, but I actually think it might be vtoku-2. I remember it was a different steel than any of my current knives. Unfortunately, all my emails just refer to it as carbon, and I can't find any more information. I don't know if Irongull is still making knives, but they've not responded to my email looking for what steel it was.

Last edited:
Back