Spare no knife! Show your Spåre!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrEriksson

Reaction score
@kantdooku made a thread showing some sweet Isasmedjan. So how about a thread showing your Spåre?

IMG_4281.jpeg

330 suji.
300 breadsword.
285 gyuto that "I made" visiting Fredrik.
265 san mai.
227 damascus gyuto.
223 Småre, mass drop collab with Smedja Aspen.
188 san mai bunka.
174 honyaki petty.
Spoon.
Kiridashi.

This one's a monosteel right? How do you like it? I was bummed to have missed that drop.
Yeah, this is monosteel. The ApexUltra is a great steel. Takes a really nice edge but feels super tough given the hardness. Love the monosteel patina.

I had one of first round MCX x Spåre 26c3 honyaki. This knife feels just a bit more refined. I really like this knife - balanced in the hand and cuts really well. Not the fanciest grind, but performs very well. It is a really well put together package. The birch bark and oak handle feels great in the hand. Bottom line is that I would recommend trying one of you can get your hands on it.

Yeah, this is monosteel. The ApexUltra is a great steel. Takes a really nice edge but feels super tough given the hardness. Love the monosteel patina.

I had one of first round MCX x Spåre 26c3 honyaki. This knife feels just a bit more refined. I really like this knife - balanced in the hand and cuts really well. Not the fanciest grind, but performs very well. It is a really well put together package. The birch bark and oak handle feels great in the hand. Bottom line is that I would recommend trying one of you can get your hands on it.
Thanks, this is helpful. I also had one of the OG MCX x Spåre honyaki and liked it a lot, and now have his MCX bunka - I feel similarly that it's a small but noticable step up in refinement performance wise. Sounds like I could expect the same from the AU version... also that stacked birch design is pretty appealing.

Just picked up this mighty sword earlier today. 300 mm sujihiki in 26c3/15n20 coreless damascus with alder burl handle. Couldn't resist cooking up a roast to take it for a test drive. Nice slicing action and the patina is already making this work of art even more pretty
PXL_20230220_170108842.jpg

PXL_20230220_170118586.jpg

Back