Stay away from FUJIWARA TERUYASU-Update!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a Nakiri Denka from this company September 1st. They (Miho) told me it was ready the middle of October. However, after multiple requests to them, it still hasn’t shipped. It takes 1-2 weeks to even get a reply. They won’t even give me an update on a knife that’s been ready for 6 weeks. I would expect better service on a knife that cost over $500.

If you’re in the market, there are probably better, less frustrating companies to buy from.

Just saying.

Last edited:
They're quite swamped in orders at the moment, and two of their best people left the company as well. I've been buying knives from them since 2014, and sometimes, response times were long. But I always got answers, and I always got my goods.

If you're in a rush or you want a meticulously finished knife, you should indeed stay clear. But if you like their offers and can wait a little, you will get your stuff and usually also a response.

Last edited:
Maybe they thought it needed a little more wabisabi to be perfect. Welcome to the Club of disaffected TF buyers.

Unknown.jpeg

Corradobrit1: I’d like to think they are just “finishing up”. However, for the last month they‘ve said they’ll check and get back to me. ZIP! The problem I have is I paid with paypal and have since cancelled that account. So who knows how’d I'd get refunded, if that was even possible. Heaven forbid I ever needed to use their warranty.

Corradobrit1: I’d like to think they are just “finishing up”. However, for the last month they‘ve said they’ll check and get back to me. ZIP! The problem I have is I paid with paypal and have since cancelled that account. So who knows how’d I'd get refunded, if that was even possible. Heaven forbid I ever needed to use their warranty.
I'm making light of the matter and fully understand the frustration. As already mentioned it will arrive and I'm sure all will be good. Find a nice one and it will be a keeper. I have five I will never sell. Communications are quite frankly crap, even when they were fully crewed. Stay the course.

It is, no doubt.

Communications are quite frankly crap, even when they were fully crewed. Stay the course.
It seems I was more lucky. I ordered a knife a few weeks ago and never had to wait longer for an answer than a week. Also they took quite some effort to answer to my questions. It was around a dozen mails back and forth since I wanted different things and hat questions about dimensions and such. That was already post-Gaku.
No question lots of negative experiences exist and I am also a bit nervous about what I'm going to receive. Just wanted to post my experiences in contrast that always were postive. 2014 I ordered Nashijis, 2016 a Mab and now, well...

I'm making light of the matter and fully understand the frustration. As already mentioned it will arrive and I'm sure all will be good. Find a nice one and it will be a keeper. I have five I will never sell. Communications are quite frankly crap, even when they were fully crewed. Stay the course.
THIS.
I have five that I'll never sell. When you get good ones, they are undoubtedly some of the best knives at any price point from a performance perspective and with some work (or money), can be made to have incredible fit and finish too.

To put things into perspective I have had an order in for a VW California camper van for over 2 years. Zero communications from either dealer or VW. Finally when it did arrive in May it had the wrong engine :facepalm:.....I'm still waiting for the replacement, which should finally turn up next month.
Waiting a few extra weeks for your Denka is nothing ......

Last edited:
It's interesting how things change. I can remember people doing all kinds of weird and wonderful things in the early days to buy knives from Japanese. You just have to get used when dealing with smaller Smith's that things are a bit different. It isn't Amazon.

If you don't want to do that just buy in stock pieces from jck or second hand bits.

Perhaps a suggested title edit:

Stay away from FUJIWARA TERUYASU-until you have the knife, because then it would be impossible to stay away from them, because you received the knife, directly from Japan, but, now that you have the knife, stay away from them again, until you want another knife from them, then only temporarily don’t stay away from them, but promptly stay away from them again after you place the order.

Perhaps a suggested title edit:

Stay away from FUJIWARA TERUYASU-until you have the knife, because then it would be impossible to stay away from them, because you received the knife, directly from Japan, but, now that you have the knife, stay away from them again, until you want another knife from them, then only temporarily don’t stay away from them, but promptly stay away from them again after you place the order.
Because once you use the knife, you know how good it is, and then the pain goes away and a calm almost delirium-like peace sets over you.

Also get a “TF whisperer” from this forum - @Corradobrit1 and @lemeneid guided my first TF purchase - including looking at the pictures to ask for before shipping and what to tell them

To put things into perspective I have had an order in for a VW California camper van for over 2 years. Zero communications from either dealer or VW. Finally when it did arrive in May it had the wrong engine :facepalm:.....I'm still waiting for the replacement, which should finally turn up next month.
Waiting a few extra weeks for your Denka is nothing ......
Still waiting huh, wow!! Unbelievable

Back