Sous Vide Strategy for souls-vide time/temps for the very first time?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
I can’t waste this meat. My SandHill Crane breast. It must be med-rare. I worked out the math; it is about $300 per pound :). I gave some away and only have 8 breast halves.

The breast half is about 9 oz.

I am gonna do a rare Thai beef salad with some. That is gonna be a super hot sear

I'm studying on this. Not having shot a crane before - do you expect to treat it more like waterfowl (duck / goose) or poultry (quail / pheasant/ prarie chicken) ? I would think like waterfowl and treat it rare.

And 1st time SV or 1st time to SV a crane?

First time souvide or first time crane souvide? All research indicates this Cook’s like duck/beef. I would do 53/54c, 125/129F two hours hot sear finish in lots of butter. Can’t go wrong erroring on the rare side

If it's like duck breast vac with aromatics and duck fat/butter/olive oil 129 for 2 hours then sear.

First time souvide or first time crane souvide? All research indicates this Cook’s like duck/beef. I would do 53/54c, 125/129F two hours hot sear finish in lots of butter. Can’t go wrong erroring on the rare side

1st time crane sous-vide.. 125/129? you're saying that is the range?

thanks.. this stuff is weird. it is clearly a waterfowl, but the meat is so much like beef.

Back