Suggest a good pressure cooker. Available in EU or from EU manufacturer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not get that...Why you dont need to adjust the cooking time with the Kuhn?
A lot of pressure cooker recipes are designed for cooking at 1 bar of pressure. You'll need about 20-25% longer cooking times at 12 PSI vs 15 PSI.

There is exposed aluminium on rhe bottom of the Kuhn cooker?:oops:
Yes, the older ones had exposed aluminum along the perimeter of their bases. The newer ones don't appear to, but I'm not sure when the modification took place. Lars, how old is your Kuhn Rikon?

Mine has seen the dishwasher from within a couple of times 🤫

Hello guys!
Got today our Kuhn Rikon 8l pressure cooker!
I am impressed with its simplicity and sturdiness.
The instructions say that the base is dishwasher safe. I assume that sorts the issue about the aluminum plate.
The first recipe I cooked was chicken soup. Chicken halves boiled for about 15 min at 2nd cooking level (8 min as per the manual).
I will update with more details along the cooking adventure.😊
Once again - thanks to all who posted and commented this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_105206.jpg
    IMG_20210928_105206.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210928_105213.jpg
    IMG_20210928_105213.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 11
There's a pretty substantial difference between the max pressure of Fissler and Kuhn Rikon PCs. I own the 12L Kuhn Rikon Hotel PC and it's amazing, as it actually gets over 1 bar of pressure (~15 PSI). The Fisslers, meanwhile, only get up to about 12 PSI, so depending on the recipe you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Resurrect an old post, kind got some questions, I got a good deal of Fissler Vitaquick from Knives and tools in Netherlands, the manual said it should be get to 14.5 PSI at maximum, also considering getting a pressure skillet alongside since I love pressure cooking now, Kuhn Rikon is slightly cheaper here, the only concern is their smaller disc on the bottom and interestingly American Test Kitchen seems to state the opposite where Fissler is the only one they tested that can attain constant high pressure, so I’m kind confused now….

Kuhn Rikon is slightly cheaper here, the only concern is their smaller disc on the bottom and interestingly American Test Kitchen seems to state the opposite where Fissler is the only one they tested that can attain constant high pressure, so I’m kind confused now….

I have a Fissler Vitaquick and can confirm that it is excellent. You won’t regret buying one. I’ve never used a Kuhn Rikon, so I can’t comment on that.

Fissler sell a set that includes both a normal cooker and a shallower one. Sounds like that might be a good fit for you.

I have a Fissler Vitaquick and can confirm that it is excellent. You won’t regret buying one. I’ve never used a Kuhn Rikon, so I can’t comment on that.

Fissler sell a set that includes both a normal cooker and a shallower one. Sounds like that might be a good fit for you.
Already using the 4.5l one alot, love how it cooks, even just bought a induction top specifically for it because even the lowest on gas is still pushing the 2 white lines...
Knives and tools has really awesome prices, and it's all with VAT so it's even better for people outside EU and UK
https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/p...-04-000-0-pressure-cooker-22-cm-45-litres.htm

Resurrect an old post, kind got some questions, I got a good deal of Fissler Vitaquick from Knives and tools in Netherlands, the manual said it should be get to 14.5 PSI at maximum, also considering getting a pressure skillet alongside since I love pressure cooking now, Kuhn Rikon is slightly cheaper here, the only concern is their smaller disc on the bottom and interestingly American Test Kitchen seems to state the opposite where Fissler is the only one they tested that can attain constant high pressure, so I’m kind confused now….

FWIW I wouldn't trust the manual stating it gets to 14.5 PSI. All of the Fissler manuals I've read suggest they max out at about 80 kPa or ~12 PSI, which is not bad, but still significantly less than the Kuhn Rikons. Don't get me wrong – I love Fissler cookware, and own a ton of it – just not their pressure cookers, although I've heard nothing but praise for them. As for the aluminum disc diameter not covering the entire base... this is less of a concern with pressure cookers than most other cooking vessels (because of the liquid necessary to cook), and of course if you're using it on induction it's a total non-issue.

As for the aluminum disc diameter not covering the entire base... this is less of a concern with pressure cookers than most other cooking vessels (because of the liquid necessary to cook), and of course if you're using it on induction it's a total non-issue.
Yeah, in my use case, this is only an issue if using the pressure cooker pan to brown meat prior to using as a pressure cooker.

FWIW I wouldn't trust the manual stating it gets to 14.5 PSI. All of the Fissler manuals I've read suggest they max out at about 80 kPa or ~12 PSI, which is not bad, but still significantly less than the Kuhn Rikons. Don't get me wrong – I love Fissler cookware, and own a ton of it – just not their pressure cookers, although I've heard nothing but praise for them. As for the aluminum disc diameter not covering the entire base... this is less of a concern with pressure cookers than most other cooking vessels (because of the liquid necessary to cook), and of course if you're using it on induction it's a total non-issue.
Checked again it is 80Kpa (1.2PSI) at setting 2, but it is capable of 100 Kpa at maximum, tho it will let out pressure constantly

Got a Kuhn Rikon pressure skillet, they are having a 25% off on US site, hard to pass that... Reading Amazon reviews seems the most common problems are plastic part broke and loosing springs, tho their site does sell replacement, hope it will last a long time
https://kuhnrikon.com/us/

Got a Kuhn Rikon pressure skillet, they are having a 25% off on US site, hard to pass that... Reading Amazon reviews seems the most common problems are plastic part broke and loosing springs, tho their site does sell replacement, hope it will last a long time
https://kuhnrikon.com/us/
Interestingly Pressure frying pan only shows up in US and UK site, are they being discontinued?

Back