• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sukenari ZDP-189 Damascus 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sukenari ZDP-189 Damascus 240mm Gyuto from Knives and Stones, custom handle with ebony, nickel silver spacer, and black horn ferrule. Beautiful knife, with very hard ZDP-189 core (65 to 67 HRC, offering what I assume will be incredible edge retention), clad in mirror polished nickel Damascus, used only on soft ingredients for a few family meals. Not sure what to say, I never really gelled with this knife. It arrived around the same time as a couple others that I liked better, so it just never really got it into my rotation. It’s in virtually new condition, never sharpened or stropped--looks pretty much the same as it did on the day it arrived. I did have James engrave it with the single initial T. Comes in original (very nice) box, with ho wood saya (with Sukenari in Kanji on it). Metal spacer is just a bit bigger than the rest of the handle. Asking $425, including paypal fees and shipping within the U.S.

Measurements
blade length: 230mm
height at heel:50mm
weight: 210g
spine thickness above heel: 2.6mm
balance point: at heel

4OEL8MW.jpg

P8QJlmW.jpg

ZCRH0lU.jpg

4bMyZHf.jpg

A note about shipping: I live overseas. The only reasonably priced shipping option I have is USPS, so I’d prefer sales to U.S. customers. If you're interested in international shipping, please send me an address so I can get you a quote, but please only ask for this if you're serious and are prepared to add at least $25 for shipping. Knives will take about ten to fourteen days to reach the buyers in the U.S. I’ve been around here for awhile, and have been involved in numerous sales and passarounds. Feel free to be in touch if you have other questions.

Price drop to $410. I've got some shipping to do, and would love to get this knife on its way to a new owner.
I've held off using it very much to keep it as close to new as possible. If there are no takers soon, I may have to put it back into the rotation to see if it might be worth keeping.

Very nice blade, profile, grind, finish.
Unique knife because of high hardness degree in aogami super, 66/67.
Very stiff.
It is a steal for the price.

Mirror polished nickel and mirror polished edge, rounded.

I don't know why they call it Damascus, it is more like what I have understood to be suminigahi(?), when you touch the sides, you can feel some layers with your fingertips

I suggest you to keep it

Fwiw, Aren't these like $550 new even with stock handles?

Back