• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tadafune Vintage Komakiri Gyuto 230mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1P

Reaction score
That was quite a mouthful thread title [emoji16]

I bought this knife with the intention of making it a project knife, but needs funding for other interest.Apparently, this profile of a knife was popular 20-30 years ago and a batch of old new stock was released to the market by a supplier in Sakai. They are out of stock everywhere, as far as I know, especially this length.

Knife is currently with Cris Anderson of Scorpion Forge. With the purchase of knife, buyer would have the options to rehandle it(to be discussed with Cris himself) and/or reprofile & round the edges for $75. The work would be a priority, to be done together with his current batch of knives being done.

Here are the specs from the online store I purchased it from :

Brand: Tadafune 源正舟
Producing Area: Seki-Gifu/ Japan
Profile: Komakiri Gyuto
Size: 230mm
Steel Type: Carbon Steel
Steel: Mono SK High Carbon
Handle: Rosewood Western
Total Length: 354mm
Edge Length: 238mm
Handle to Tip Length: 240mm
Blade Height: 71mm
Thickness: 2.2mm
Handle Length: 116mm
Weight: 255g

Real photos will follow, below is a sample from the store.

Price is USD$$130, Paypal fee and CONUS shipping included. Please PM if you have any questions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7FZsrSmYCvigq7pH7

Last edited:
This one is tempting, if I didn’t have a bunch of new knives coming in this week.

Bensbites : here is the video of the actual knife and the specs. The knife itself is $130, if you opt for a rehandle, regrind and reprofile, it can be discussed with Cris Anderson and you do not have to come up with the funds right away.

Last edited:
Still available.

This knife has the perfect price point for an excellent project knife. Moreover, you are in line to have a pro maker do whatever custom work you want. A chance like this does not come often.

Back