Takamura Super GZ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess would be that it's regular SG2 steel. ('super gold 2')

From MTC pictures of a HSPS Pro there would be the Takamura logo alongside the Kanji and a « Pro » stamping.

And MTC sells it for 310$.

To me this looks like a regular VG-10 of his. But whatever it is quite the rip off too. Quick browse reveals only Damascus iterations would play into ballpark price as the ebay offer.

From MTC pictures of a HSPS Pro there would be the Takamura logo alongside the Kanji and a « Pro » stamping.

To me this looks like a regular VG-10 of his. But whatever it is quite the rip off too. Quick browse reveals only Damascus iterations would play into ballpark price as the ebay offer.

Full tang though so can't be the vg10

18062319.jpg

Yeah i was talking about the other link that OP posted. There were two. Sry for the confusion.

Obviously I'm sorry myself my focus was on the ripoff knife.

I'm not entirely sure I see a Kanji relation between the regular Takamura and the supposed GZ one. No logo neither. No Pro engraving.

So it's down to how much I'd trust the existence of this knife as from Takamura from an Ebay listing showing a different knife and a vendor that really seems to believe "Super GZ" steel is a thing. As mentioned could be Super G2 they mean, but then who would pay what basically is a HSPS Pro 100$ USD more than any HSPS pro with what looks like a different Kanji...

Reminds me of these. Minus the Damascus cladding and Richmond branding
https://web.archive.org/web/20170125171338/http://www.**************.com/takamuraskd1.html
Chef knives to go

Obviously I'm sorry myself my focus was on the ripoff knife.

I'm not entirely sure I see a Kanji relation between the regular Takamura and the supposed GZ one. No logo neither. No Pro engraving.

So it's down to how much I'd trust the existence of this knife as from Takamura from an Ebay listing showing a different knife and a vendor that really seems to believe "Super GZ" steel is a thing. As mentioned could be Super G2 they mean, but then who would pay what basically is a HSPS Pro 100$ USD more than any HSPS pro with what looks like a different Kanji...

Yeah i wouldn't necessarily trust the ebay vendor either, but i am very curious about the japanese retailer.

Honestly i think I'll never get a ****ing takamura pro. They are impossible to find. #firstworldtragedies

Yeah i wouldn't necessarily trust the ebay vendor either, but i am very curious about the japanese retailer.

Honestly i think I'll never get a ****ing takamura pro. They are impossible to find. #firstworldtragedies

Probably still better chances than me finding a Wa 210/50 Chromax one... 🤔

MTC hasn’t had it for a while I heard so it’s totally possible prices have increased Not to mention it’s super rare anyways

Back