• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takeda Large NAS Nakiri, Kotetsu Bunka, Kaeru 210 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since, there has been a few other knives that have come in as of late, some things have to go. Main rule for me is that if it doesn't fit on my rack, it's gotta go. Keeps me focused on using my tools

Prices are inclusive of shipping in Canada. International will be cost - $15CDN. Prefer to do the transaction in Canadian Dollars - Canadian banks generally charge 2.5% of the value on top to do the exchange transaction. From what I've read most US Credit Cards don't do a fee, so if you use Paypal direct to your card, you won't get hit with an conversion fee.

Buy more than one, and I'll work with you for a discount- given the days, I'd rather head to the post office as few times as possible.

20200424_190520 (Medium).jpg

Takeda Large NAS Nakiri - $390CDN (~$278 USD) - $380 CDN $370 CDN (~$265USD)
This is a catch and release from Knifewear - just didn't click with me. 174mm long, 59mm at it's tallest. Been used to prep a mirepoix or two and cut up pepper/cucumbers for a few dinners. Has a bit of patina on the edge, which I could try to remove if you'd like. Still has the factory edge.

20200424_190542 (Medium).jpg

20200424_190555 (Medium).jpg

Shibata Kotetsu R2 Bunka - $265 CDN (~$189 USD) - sold
Never thought I'd sell this one but the fact that it is a hyper thin laser finally got to me. I love how this flies through product but worrying about the thin edge got me to get something a bit thicker so going to move this. I've had it for about two years, and it's been on the stones a couple of times. The cladding is scratched - first from what was supposed to be a non-scratch sponge, and second apparently I got it when I was sharpening it last time. The sharpening scratches are pretty obvious depending upon the light. Picture 2 and 3 are the same part of the blade. You can also see the scratches from the sponge more clearly in picture 3 (there is horizontal lines like that on both sides). I'd assume that they could be worked out, but I'll admit to not having the skill to do it.

20200424_190714 (Medium).jpg

20200424_190735 (Medium).jpg

20200424_190747 (Medium).jpg

Kaeru 210 Stainless Gyuto - $115 CDN (~ $82 USD) - sold
This fell into my cart last year when I was picking up a Kaeru Stainless Suji. Nice steel in a solid knife. Just not using it that much, so selling so I can free space stuff up on my rack. Been on the stones 1 or 2 times. Again some very light scratches from both the sponge and being stuck on the knife rack. As well, a few sharpening scratches because I apparently suck at that. There is also a few spots on the cladding which seem a bit darker from just have been touched.
20200424_190617 (Medium).jpg

20200424_190638 (Medium).jpg

Additional pics if you want them.

Trying to be fair with the price, given the price I paid and current market prices but I'm open to reasonable discussions.

Last edited:
Small drop on the Takeda - $380CDN.

Maybe not the greatest deal elsewhere in the world, but for us Canadians that means I'm covering the HST for you. Plus I'm paying for shipping.

And for the next few days - $430CDN takes both knives. Same shipping rules as above - Canada I cover, elsewhere I cover $15CDN of the shipping cost.

Small drop to $370CDN, ~$265USD for the Takeda.

As I've shipped a couple of knives to the US and confident on the cost, I'll include shipping to the US. Outside of Canada/US, shipping will still be Cost - $15CDN.

Don’t be reluctant to pick up the Takeda Nakiri. It’s a great buy at the price and has a low maintenance stainless cladding. I have one in my permanent block which is saying something as my permanent collection only holds six of my regular users out of my entire collection. It was the hands down winner of my “Naughty Schoolboy” contest. Check out those results here ... Like a naughty schoolboy

Nice deal on the Takeda. I was debating it but couldn’t pull the trigger fast enough.

Killed two birds with one stone, always wanted a Takeda and a big nakiri. My Toyama 210 is a bit on the heavy side but she cuts beautifully. Thanks esoo.

Back