• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takeda NAS 300mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbyrd

Reaction score
I love this knife, but we just had a baby and the NICU bills are coming due, so I need to move some stuff. This is easily the most fun knife in my collection. 300mm X 66mm. Fresh off a thinning and sharpening from Ryan at District Cutlery. Shoulders are thicker toward the heel and it's slicer toward the tip. Since the sharpening/thinning, I used the knife a few times for some grape cutting (see video), to cut some cabbage, do a couple meals worth of veg prep. Though I used good technique on a soft board, I should mention in the interest of full disclosure, there is some microchipping that you can feel when cutting paper, but the thing is still stupid sharp. These should come out easily during sharpening.
Comes with a gorgeous mablewood saya with a machined metal pin made by Carter Hopkins that is just so beautiful.... it looks and feels like a piece of high end furniture. Super duper nice. Carter also sealed the handle with Tru Oil. It also comes with a JKI padded case and the original box. The knife will ship in the box wrapped in newspaper and the saya will ride along in the JKI case.
I'm asking what I paid for everything minus 15%: $600. Price includes USPS Priority shipping in the US. Please ask if you have questions.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sending him my way! And thanks for the congrats! Much appreciated all around.

Thanks for sending him my way! And thanks for the congrats! Much appreciated all around.
Well, when he posted he was looking for a 300mm Takeda gyuto and couldn't find one anywhere...I knew just where to find one! With a fresh edge and everything and a great price. Bonus, KKF gets a new member. :)

Back