• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Tanba Aoto or uchigumori - feeler

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

you.. you got any more of them rocks?
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told myself I’d only buy one more stone this calendar year (🙄), to stop my bank account from bleeding out. These are the last ones I’m looking to add.

Im looking for these stones for polishing, so ideally quite soft and muddy, medium grit around 2-5k. Also ideally a koppa to keep costs down, willing to spend up to about $150 Usd. Unfortunately I can’t afford one of those nice bricks. Usually putting out a wtb is asking to be fleeced, but I feel like I can trust you guys. I have months to figure this out so toss me some options!

Thank you in advance.

For polishing, I'd skip the Tanba Aoto, simply because clean inclusion-free ones are very hard to come by (and also come with a premium). Some soft uchi would fit your needs, but you'd have to go with a koppa given the budget.

Back