• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tesshu (Shiraki) Blue #2 Honyaki Gyuto 270

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wind88

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my Tesshu Blue #2 honyaki gyuto 270 with ebony handle from Aframe that I bought a few years ago to make room for a new knife.

The knife was used a few times at home and touched up on JNS6K and suita once. The original semi mirror finish is mostly intact but there are some sharpening scratches near the edge from JNS6k (see the 2nd pic. Not the greatest sharpener back then or now). The hamon is very nice and has the classic Shiraki look, however, it is not very apparent in person due to semi mirror polish. The grind is crazy thin for a honyaki. Please see pictures.

The measurements are approximately 255 by 48 (typical of Sakai knives) as per my ruler.

I'm asking $1000 (reduced to $950) shipped CONUS/Canada.

EZ94OWqrSH6vgvNCChXGNQ.jpg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks gents. Yeah, it's pretty crazy how thin is it for a honyaki. This is the only honyaki I kept and planning to keep after trying a bunch. The unfortunate reality is that I can't justify keeping it with a truly grail piece on it's way soon.

Looks like water-quenched from the kanji, but my Japanese is pretty rusty.
Crazy thin for something with that much internal strain. Really demonstrates the skill levels of the people involved.
What's coming down the pipe to unseat this?

tried this one in person - absolute slayer! pretty thin grind for a honyaki.

Back