That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is "420 friendly"?

I'm a Brit so I actually speak a proper language :Ooooh:

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

caution im getting ready to rant
preface to say i could care less if you wantot burn a roach thats your deal

Is it kosher to even ask this..? How 420 friendly is ecg? :beer:

i will better quote this

"wow this it is great that you are having a free to come get together on you property where i can talk with knife makers /users and look not only at high end blades but also boards and stones. the thing is i cant go more then a day without smoking pot (not legal in PA ) so would you mind if i broke a law on you land and if i was to get busted i dont care how it looks for you or your family/livelyhood (dont worrie it will be ok )"

maybe better to think about this if you were to get in trouble (even if it is slim chances ) you also get his name in onit too and that can cost (let alone joshes class III) work. also while i liek beer a bunch maybe you need to look at things a bit if you cant make it 24 hours with burning one i seem to have no problem skipping a drink for jsut one day (ooooo the horror)

oo and since you have been warned before abot postign about your smoking do you think that a group of ppl that love knives and other fun stuff that there are no cops in the group that you are touting that you smoke

jeeze.. so much for trying to keep it on the D\L nice shout out there rock lol... maybe some alchohol?I would like to bring\do something to contribute or share. Can I bring some of my (legally) infused vodka or mezcal to share..?

Ok I may have some bad news. I may not be able to make it. I am waiting on confirmation but my boss is taking his 4th vacation of the year(I have had 0), and it happens to fall during that week. Even though I requested off that weekend months ago. I am pretty fuming right now. Nothing is confirmed but the outlook looks dark

Ok I may have some bad news. I may not be able to make it. I am waiting on confirmation but my boss is taking his 4th vacation of the year(I have had 0), and it happens to fall during that week. Even though I requested off that weekend months ago. I am pretty fuming right now. Nothing is confirmed but the outlook looks dark

Man thats rough... hopefully you can make it, but i totally get it if you're stuck at work. I wish i had more time for a trip down to NYC. Damn

Obviously I held in my anger during this conversation becuase they do not get it and what I am supposed to do tell him to go heck himself. But I am really angry about this.

jeeze.. so much for trying to keep it on the D\L nice shout out there rock lol... maybe some alchohol?I would like to bring\do something to contribute or share. Can I bring some of my (legally) infused vodka or mezcal to share..?

D\L? Silverhaze420?:happy2::happy2:

4th of the year? It's not even June! Sounds like some clowns I have worked for.

I am not referring to this calendar year more a year from his next vacation to the previous year of that day. But Still!!!!

Bummer. Look at it as something to strive for.

It could be worse. You could have a boss that takes off everyday that's sunny and over 70 degrees.:D

I find it hard to comprehend that someone is asking to come to Warren's house to purposly break the law, endangering the host reputation and other attendees by wanting to smoke a joint. HOW CRUDE! Remember, Warren is an officer of the court and required to enforce the laws of the state.

Want to smoke a joint, stay home!

I emailed Dave to ask if it was acceptable to smoke a cigar with the thought of bringing along some for others. He said he hadn't noticed anyone smoking anything in past ECG's so that means "no" to me.

I emailed Dave to ask if it was acceptable to smoke a cigar with the thought of bringing along some for others. He said he hadn't noticed anyone smoking anything in past ECG's so that means "no" to me.

honestly, now that i think of it, you're right. I dont remember anyone smoking... but thats just so weird to me... you cant get 2 chefs together without one of them smoking... and when i was in Japan, all but one knifemaker i met smoked ;) I guess the guys that go to the ECG are just a healthier bunch ;)

im far from a health nut
i jsut dont think theres time to smoke with all the talking and eating :)

There will be several off duty members of law enforcement in attendance.

I have no problem with cigars or cigarettes (actually, that's your problem), but I ask that you respect others and the property. Smoke in areas away from non-smoking attendees and don't throw any residue on the ground. We have a new little puppy who will pick up anything she finds.

Butch, here's a picture of the 220 plug I had installed. If you need any adapters or extension cords, please post your needs as there are members willing to help out. This is installed behind the pergola.

web.jpg

i ll make that work thanks for the picture
BTW called Carpenter steel today and might beable to get one or 2 of them to show up so they can see what we want in steel

not sure if i can also make a field trip to ther plant happen on friday but i will keep those that could make it informed

There will be several off duty members of law enforcement in attendance.

I have no problem with cigars or cigarettes (actually, that's your problem), but I ask that you respect others and the property. Smoke in areas away from non-smoking attendees and don't throw any residue on the ground. We have a new little puppy who will pick up anything she finds.

Oh boy. I can deal with not smoking my cigs but I can't deal with cops.

I appreciate the heads up. I hope everyone has a good time.
(Don't get me wrong, this isn't about any other issue. I just don't like cops. I understand some people do and that's ok)

The pisser is I dropped 2 grand on touring equipment. :angry1:

It will most likely be put to good use. Panaca?

I'm with you on that one. I hate cops. I had coworkers who were former cops, and the stories they would tell me made me hate them even more. Ther is something about the job that attracts d bags or turns normal into d bags.

Oh boy. I can deal with not smoking my cigs but I can't deal with cops.

I appreciate the heads up. I hope everyone has a good time.
(Don't get me wrong, this isn't about any other issue. I just don't like cops. I understand some people do and that's ok)

Barbie Dream Camper looks good going slow!

BTW, my wife who is the most perfect women in the world hates them to.

Well, I have to say there were no issues with any of the attendees last year. It was a nice low-key event. Everyone was friendly, the food was good, and you could go shoot a million holes in some targets if you felt so inclined to walk 1/10 mile up the hill. This year will be even better, with the addition of more knife and steel guys.

BTW, if anyone wants to camp overnight, please let me know. We have two different possible sites depending on needs (no charge of course)

in the knife world i have to bet that there are more police and military then any other group (and yes the 10% that are asshats make alot of good ppl look bad )

in the knife world i have to bet that there are more police and military then any other group (and yes the 10% that are asshats make alot of good ppl look bad )

I have no problem with military. My best friend who got me into higher end knives was in Marine Recon with Allen Elisherwitz. I just have had problems with "most" police people I've known including family members and coworkers. Maybe its the fact that they are conditioned to look for the worst in people that turns me off. Its a personal thing and I surely don't want or expect people to feel the way I do about cops.

Back