That time of the year. ECG Anyone ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warren has opened his home at a great expense, financial,as well as time and effort to accommodate this community, out of respect for that effort I am asking that we stay on point here in this thread.

Warren has opened his home at a great expense, financial,as well as time and effort to accommodate this community, out of respect for that effort I am asking that we stay on point here in this thread.

Point taken Jim. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

The thing about off duty law types is unfortunate. In my experience you can't tell who they are unless you ask them. In civilian clothes they usually look like regular people!

warren am mi goig to be mounting the grinder in the /off the back of my truck or do you want me3 to put it on a table (i want to make sure its about the same hight as it is in my shopso grinding is now different for me

Butch, we'll have those heavy duty folding tables on hand that we have every year, you could clamp to them if you like. Do you think the height would be the same as you're used to though?

Butch, not sure I understand. If you're asking if it's ok to drive your pickup to where the power is, yes, that's fine. Just be here early enough that you don't have to drive around anyone's tables, etc. Boy I hope this rain stops and it can dry out a bit.

UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The amazing stuff going on, everyone's gonna be there doing everything...the other day I told my wife that I know I can't make it this year, but I HAVE to go next year, and she asked about how sober people are at ECG. It's good to know that it's actually a legal, functional event!

Next year. I will be there.

How many tables will you need Jon?

i think i can get by with just 1, but i'll take 2 if i can get them... i dont know how much i'll be able to bring with me and i dont want to go crazy sending so much stuff over just to have to send it back. So we'll see...

ok then if its not too big a deal i would liek to mount it to the bed of the dakota as i would push a folding table around then grinding

i think i can get by with just 1, but i'll take 2 if i can get them... i dont know how much i'll be able to bring with me and i dont want to go crazy sending so much stuff over just to have to send it back. So we'll see...

I'll have 2 for you.

looks liek we can get a few guys on a field trip top carpanter steel if we got early friday (i ll get moer info but who is intereested in this )

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!! Jon is going to have two tables!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH these A** HOLES owe me big time for covering!

do you guys realize matt has a job that most chefs would kill for? hell, it even has me thinking ;)

I requested the day off a while ago, but stuff happens and what are you going to do. I love my job with all its ups and downs. I am holding out a glimmer of hope, but I am being realistic. You guys can always come visit me!

I have never been to a gathering before, so I dont know if this is standard operating procedure...but is someone bringing a case of onions or something for everyone to go to town on? Myself and I am sure others work in restaurants and could maybe help bring some produce or whatnot to chop up. Maybe we can make 100 gallons of onion soup afterwards.

I think we had "stuff" to cut the first year, but no one seemed to bother. I even had a case of whole chickens for folks to try out their debas... We'll have about 40# of beef for anyone to test ;) but hopefully that will be tender. I could easily pick up a 50# bag of onions if everyone would like.

Ok guys, as the time is getting closer, i'm starting to think about what stuff to bring with me. This year i'm going to be sending stuff ahead of time so i want to know if there are any specific things you would like to see/have around for purchace.

I'm already planning on bringing a bunch of stones to play with (including most if not all of our gesshin lineup) and some of my personal knives for you guys to see in person (including a gesshin hide yanagiba, my Konosuke HD, a prototype suji we have, and some of the Gesshin Ginga line). Anything else i should bring/send?

I have limited space, so i just want to make sure i really have the things you guys want.

Thanks.

-Jon

P.S. Feel free to PM me with specific requests of things you want to see/try out (if possible)

Hey Jon, could you make a little detour my way and maybe stuff me in a duffle? Wish I could get there!

I just want to say that I cannot attend. I signed up but unfortunately I am out of luck. Really was looking forward to meeting everyone in person but it just ain't gonna happen this year. I have not been able to unsign up on the event site.

regards,

Sean

I just got my schedule for this week. Yea no way I am making it. In fact I might just sleep at the restaurant this week. HAHAHAHA, I am gonna miss you guys. Take plenty of pictures guys!

Latest posts

Back