the patina of everyday cooking. and BKF.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
I just cooked for the week. some more congee. and a bunch of vegan Indian Curries to eat at lunch over rice.

I figured I would clean up my pans as I went. the insides are fairly pristine, but the outsides? woof! I try, but I think it is a forgone conclusion that things just get grecky, and stained if you use them. I'm over it, I looked at the exterior, and my can of BKF..but I just stopped and rinsed the pan out and set it to dry.

you can't keep all the nooks/crannies clean. at least I can't.

My sauté pan is fairly under utilized, but it’s still kinda rough.

I think I’m too used to watching shows where everyone seems to start w a new cooking vessel. Haha.

and Barkeepers Friend is like magic!! why is this better than say..AJAX?

IMG_1526.jpeg

If for some reason you do want to clean your pan handle joints, get a disposable chopstick, soak in water, and dip in Bar Keeper's or Bon Ami. Use like a pencil eraser. I never bother either - it's a point of almost pride?

Bon Ami is the opposite pH of Bar Keepers. It uses sodium carbonate, a base, instead of oxalic acid. I find it a little milder than Bar Keepers - better for polymerized grease, but worse for polishing and hard water marks.

If you want to clean the nooks and crannies, soak the pan in a mix of oxy clean, bkf and hot water over night, then scrub with a stiff brush

Back