The thread for wood addicts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mark, my comment wasn't directed specifically at you, it's just a note to keep things on track is all.

No worries here.

Dave

Might you know where I could get a hold of some of that extremely rare willow burl? Also looking for Osage orange burl...

I am in search of burls that are the rarest of rares. The top of it's class. the one of a kind odd balls . If You have any that fit in to any of these categories that you are looking to part with let me know. Especially trying to get a hold of diamond willow burl and osage orange burl, if you know where I can obtain these let me know.

I just can't bring myself to use blue wood, but with that said, that is one wild looking block!!
I like blue
r003.jpg

This was an experiment I didn't remember doing. I might have just put it in the wrong box. Turned out ok though. The wood Is Oregon Ash.

Thank You, i do know that craig has some, but when i say some I mean he has two left. which means they are going to fetch a large pay day. Was hopping to find another supply. I do love his wood though. I purchase about one a week. I am also looking for oosik. if you know of any good sources give me a shout.

Thank You, i do know that craig has some, but when i say some I mean he has two left. which means they are going to fetch a large pay day. Was hopping to find another supply. I do love his wood though. I purchase about one a week. I am also looking for oosik. if you know of any good sources give me a shout.

try MilesofAlaska.net
He has everything you can imagine. oosik,mammoth, walrus, whale you name it.

love miles! He only has one piece of oosik right now and it has had blue filler put in it to stabilize it. Not a big fan of phomineralization. I am happily awaiting a piece of musk ox boss from him.

Miles has got a little of everything! Hes a great source for the rare and hard to find handle materials.. But I havnt seen him sell much wood that got me all excited!! :jumpy:

Here on the other hand is some Ironwood burl I am pretty happy about! Im getting ready to use on a set of kitchen knives! Man I love Ironwood Burl! The stuff is amazing looking..

attachment.php

Chef set in progress 009.jpg

I do pride myself on having some of the finest and most beautiful selection of burl woods on the planet in my stash..
Yea, I know that is a BIG BOLD statement, but its the truth. I spend alot of time, countless hours searching the globe (VIA the internet) to be able to make such a statement. :)

This time, these found me!!! lololol My good friend and mentor pointed these out for me and I SNAGGED em! I only wish the seller had more, I would of been happy to buy 10 sets of this exceptional burl!

YEAH, I may need a intervention.. lol But dont you guys dare call them!! :rasberry:

These are truly extraordinary Cocobolo BURL!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Cocobolo burl scales.JPG

Cocobolo Burl scales.JPG

cocbolo burl scales!!.JPG

Oh man, I always keep an eye open for that burl but it is extremely rare. Great find!

Stefan

Oh man, I always keep an eye open for that burl but it is extremely rare. Great find!

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, I have only found or seen Cocobolo this amazing one other time.. And although it was awesome. These are in a league of there own. :) Cant wait till they arrive! It will be like Christmas for me!

Miles has got a little of everything! Hes a great source for the rare and hard to find handle materials.. But I havnt seen him sell much wood that got me all excited!! :jumpy:

Here on the other hand is some Ironwood burl I am pretty happy about! Im getting ready to use on a set of kitchen knives! Man I love Ironwood Burl! The stuff is amazing looking..

attachment.php

Happy jig!

Here is a cool new item. Only 10,000 Euros. Amboyna burl body.

IA3NUllOH7cAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Now that is just indulgent. I'm sure I'd buy it if I had half the chance though. As far as wood goes, you know you're in a bad place when you start buying the whole d@mn burl and rationalize having more space taken up wood than tools. At my worst there was close to 3,000 lbs of raw burls in my shop. Man, it sure does feel nice to know there is a support group type gathering here. hahaha

I was in Central Market today and saw this. You guys all need this, especially Stefan, Marko and Randy. Think of what it will add to your romantic encounters!

ab-sn-burl_wood-cd_opt.jpg

Not sure what "burl wood" smells like, but I am sure that you guys do.

Eamon, that is awesome.

OK so I took a few pics today for a customer. and well. I gota share this BURL!!

Stabilized Walnut burl
attachment.php

Stabilized Birch Burl
attachment.php

Stabilized Buckeye burl
attachment.php

Last but not least, Died and stabilized Spalted Birch burl.
attachment.php

Poor guy has to try and choose!! LMOA!! :spin chair:

burl blocks 046.jpg

Wood for Falcon 004.jpg

burl blocks 010.jpg

burl blocks 049.jpg

Damn that dyed spalted birch burl is awesome.

attachment.php

What is the bottom block you are holding there in your grubby mitts?

Hope it doesn't smell like Black Oak Burl. That smells like a porta-poddie on the last day of the fair.

That's pretty bad. And here I thought that Black Locust Burl was bad with its trench-foot smell.

I have a bunch of Honey Locust Burl and it doesn't smell too bad. It sure isn't like perfume or anything, but overall, it isn't bad. I have to go out and snap some pics :)

Your all killing me /ack /sputter /choke...

Got to get that kid to get pics...

Ironwood in just about any cut is my weakness. I'm even growing some ironwood sapplings... ya I'm in trouble... I blame Stephan for selling me that handle (snicker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back