• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Toyama B#2 Damascus 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedtran

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
That is against BST rules.
I didn't know this, but selling knives and guns via PayPal is prohibited. This may result in Paypal account being permanently banned. So if it's going to be a problem, I won't sell it. The moderator can delete the sale.

I didn't know this, but selling knives and guns via PayPal is prohibited. This may result in Paypal account being permanently banned. So if it's going to be a problem, I won't sell it. The moderator can delete the sale.
all you need is adding 3% to your price so you net the same amount with PayPal G&S or keep the price and eat the G&S fee which is about 3% ish.

all you need is adding 3% to your price so you net the same amount with PayPal G&S or keep the price and eat the G&S fee which is about 3% ish.
No! If the buyer or seller has a problem, Paypal sees this as a weapon and can both lose money and close our account completely. My friend got burned, I don't want to get burned either! If it happens to you one day, you will understand.

And this forum owner won't pay our money

Example:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/paypal-no-longer-covers-any-knives-just-called-them.1647971/

No! If the buyer or seller has a problem, Paypal sees this as a weapon and can both lose money and close our account completely. My friend got burned, I don't want to get burned either! If it happens to you one day, you will understand.

Example:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/paypal-no-longer-covers-any-knives-just-called-them.1647971/
You need to go to the source not a 3rd party

Per PP's Acceptable Use Policy

" certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law."

Kitchen knives are not regulated. I've yet to hear of anyone having an issue here using PP and being refused buyer or seller protection for a legitimate sale of such.

You need to go to the source not a 3rd party

Per PP's Acceptable Use Policy

" certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law."

Kitchen knives are not regulated. I've yet to hear of anyone having an issue here using PP and being refused buyer or seller protection for a legitimate sale of such.
You keep selling or buying. One day, when your PayPal account is closed and your money is detained for 180 days, you will understand what I mean.

I don't care about the rules here. I have been doing this for 2 years and will continue. If this is a problem I'm not forcing anyone to buy it

Example:

Not sure if this is right, but I see your point now. Sorry I didn't understand what you were saying before and was just trying to help.

It seems the seller's concern is not with fees, but they believe somehow using PayPal F&F will avoid some risk of being banned from PayPal. I am not sure there is a risk of this nor whether using F&F would somehow eliminate the risk.

The seller has agreed to sell me the knife and given me their email address for payment, but has required urgent payment (via PayPal F&F) or they will move on to others who have PM'd them as well.

Great knife for a great price, but there are too many red flags here. Good luck to whomever purchases this!

You keep selling or buying. One day, when your PayPal account is closed and your money is detained for 180 days, you will understand what I mean.
This is false.

Selling items such as switch blades to residents in NY is illegal. Selling kitchen cutlery is allowable by state laws.

Just say you don't want to do goods and services and that's all.

I'm not going to sell here, there's no need to go further. I leave you with your rules.

I am not trying to be rude but it doesn’t look like you’ve posted in over 2 years. Then coming in requiring urgent payment via f&f is a huge red flag.
I'm not selling anything here. Stop moving on.

I don't care about the rules here. I have been doing this for 2 years and will continue. If this is a problem I'm not forcing anyone to buy it

I think the issue is less about the rules and more the urgency and pressure to send a payment that is more difficult to recover in the event of scam.

The rules are not designed simply to give you a hard time, but rather to protect folks from getting scammed. PayPal F&F is a way to avoid certain fees, but requires a deeper level of trust between the parties; hence, the name, "friends and family". I am not sure the way you have gone about this sale engenders that type of trust.

It is suspicious you would disappear for years and resurface with this style of sales post. Your previous sales posts never mentioned PayPal F&F and your explanation for it now is to link to a post from 2019 that isn't really that applicable here. These are red flags and especially coupled with the urgency of your communication and the fact your writing style and grammar today are somewhat different than in the past.

Many people buy and sell kitchen knives on PayPal here frequently without issues.

Fear of getting banned from PayPal for selling knives may not be completely unfounded, but using PayPal Friends & Family wouldn't actually do anything to alleviate that. Do you think if you were reported by the buyer that PayPal would suddenly not care you sold a knife because you used a payment method they have explicitly told you not to use for selling things? It seems that using Friends & Family would not reduce the risk of getting banned here, but rather increase it. It just doesn't add up.

If someone does purchase this knife, good luck and I hope it all works out, for both of you.

I would still advise anyone against buying this. I know this topic is dead by OP - but thread exists.

As far as it is known (based on pics) - this knife was sold Jan 23,2023. Can OP be the buyer? Of course!
Is the description and the post including pictures the same from the seller in 2023 (SOLD - Toyama B#2 Damascus 210mm Gyuto - ************** Forums

It is except with the addition of a timestamp. I just find it hard to believe that the same background would have been used by two different users a year apart.

I would still advise anyone against buying this. I know this topic is dead by OP - but thread exists.

As far as it is known (based on pics) - this knife was sold Jan 23,2023. Can OP be the buyer? Of course!
Is the description and the post including pictures the same from the seller in 2023 (SOLD - Toyama B#2 Damascus 210mm Gyuto - ************** Forums

It is except with the addition of a timestamp. I just find it hard to believe that the same background would have been used by two different users a year apart.
There we go. I couldn’t find the pics myself but figured someone would eventually. That timestamp stuck out like a sore thumb.

Example:

This is a complete nonsense. A lot of knife sellers (companies) use PayPal G&S. If someone insists on F&F and is not willing to give the buyer protection by G&S (even by increasing the amount by the G&S tax) this is not acceptable.

Good find. Those Post It notes are easy to fake for someone who knows what they're doing. The mods can repost deleted posts.

This is my interactions with this user shortly after they posted their sale:

I'll take it

Okay

PayPal:

[email protected]

send $400 friend and family and let me know please. Now i'm waiting confirm.

Also will you pay now? 2 more person who wanted it sent a pm.

Sure, but what is the thing about PayPal F&F? Not sure I understand this.

I don't know what you mean, but it is forbidden to sell knives or firearms via paypal. This may cause our paypal account to be permanently closed. I only accept F&F. Will you send? Otherwise I'll move on to the next one.

I am good to send the money, but you have sold knives in the past via PayPal. Is this a new policy?

How does using F&F change anything to avoid the risk of account banning?

I have purchased many knives via PayPal without issue. I believe it is only knives considered as "weapons" that there is any potential issue.

You can understand how the unusual nature of your request coupled with such urgency could be suspicious, yes?

I added the date and my username next to my knife. Also, I have not received payments other than F&F for many years. I've never done it recently!

If you're not take it, I don't need you to be paranoid.

We won't get along with you, I'll cancel the sale

I accept PayPal F&F and payment without note and there is no problem. It's that simple. I'm not forcing you to buy.

You can accept PayPal G&S payment without note?

No, I will not receive any payments other than F&F.

Sorry, but this is too suspicious to be worth the risk. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back