Toyama knives worth the money?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sac36555

Reaction score
I was on JNS looking at Itinomonn and cams across Toyama knives. I found a petty that fits my needs, but they are pricey and I wanted to feedback about what you guys think about the brand.

If I could only ever use Toyama knives for the rest of my life, I would be quite happy. Cream of the crop stuff regarding heat treatment and grind.

I cant believe they don’t cost more. I’d sell my shig long before my Toyama.

I think Toyama knifes are priced low, I have two Gyuto's a 240 and 270 and a petty for the price you can't go wrong especially if you can pick one up used, I have a shigefusa that I love but just end up using my Toyama more at this time, I over paid for the shigefusa and use it sparingly I underpaid for the Toyamas and use them all the time.

the question nobody answers is ...

how much they paid... :rofl2:

Does anyone else find their Toyama gyutos to be kinda rock choppers? I found other stuff that I was more comfortable push cutting with. I suspect the profiles must vary a bit.

Does anyone else find their Toyama gyutos to be kinda rock choppers? I found other stuff that I was more comfortable push cutting with. I suspect the profiles must vary a bit.

I think that's why a bunch of people prefer the 270's...a bit flatter.

I think that's why a bunch of people prefer the 270's...a bit flatter.

More than that, the 270 is a scud missile shaped cutting machine, it makes my 270 Kato feel almost effete and dainty. Incredible grind and his HT is of the very best.

All this recent Toyama push on the board is making me want to grab one even though my Watanabe is a monster. In the past board posts had me convinced they were too similar to have both, but there seem to be more and more opinions that Toyama has something on Watanabe.

But, but, but... They rust!
...So no!
:sofa:

Latest posts

Back